Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Why ScopeProvider is missing when Xbase is used?
Why ScopeProvider is missing when Xbase is used? [message #1044088] Thu, 18 April 2013 13:27 Go to next message
Oren Mishali is currently offline Oren MishaliFriend
Hi,

I'm using Xtext 2.3.1 with Eclipse 4.2.2. I have noticed that if my grammar uses Xbase (grammar xtext.MyDsl with org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xbase), then the packages xtext.mydsl.generator and xtext.mydsl.scoping are not generated. I understand that the generator package is not generated to encourage using the model inferrer instead, but do I suppose to resolve all scoping issues using the inferrer?

For example, I have this piece of grammar:

MethodContract:
   'method' methodName=[types::JvmOperation]
;

Before I migrated to Eclipse 4.2.2 (from 3.6) I customized MyDslScopeProvider so methodName can accept the methods of a particular class (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1018110/#msg_1018110). Can the model inferrer handle such a case?

Thanks!
Oren
Re: Why ScopeProvider is missing when Xbase is used? [message #1044333 is a reply to message #1044088] Thu, 18 April 2013 19:37 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

afaik xbase currently uses XbaseScopeProvider and XbaseBatchScopeProvider
nothing prevents you from creating and binding subclasses yourself.
there is no stub generated since the ususal xbase used may not need to subclass.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Runtime exceptions thrown from the model inferrer
Next Topic:M2M Transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:26:01 GMT 2024