Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » SOLVED:Timeout received before confirming the posted event
SOLVED:Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1043930] Thu, 18 April 2013 09:30 Go to next message
posia han is currently offline posia hanFriend
Hi,

I use jubula of 1.3.0,when jubula take the action of "replace text of Cell" and "Key Combination",it always occurs the Error "Timeout received before confirming the posted event".

Could This Problem be solved?

Best wishes,
Posia

[Updated on: Sat, 08 June 2013 09:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1044650 is a reply to message #1043930] Fri, 19 April 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

can you post more information?
- the test result report
- the log files for the client and AUT agent
- the image of the screenshot taken when the test fails

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1058382 is a reply to message #1044650] Mon, 13 May 2013 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danila Pod is currently offline Danila PodFriend
We have the problem that looks like this one, but with button components.
It reproduces unstable, and right now we don't know how to describe "steps to reproduce".
But, if you want we will post here or in other topic all info you've mentioned.
Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1058500 is a reply to message #1058382] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for the information. We have done quite a bit of work on making many actions more stable with respect to these issues. To help your tests, you can consider using "wait for component" to ensure that components are there before clicking them. From the remote control perspective, you can post information here, or open a ticket on which you add information as you get it. It's also be interesting to know the version you're using, what system you're working on etc.

Thanks!
Alex
Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1059701 is a reply to message #1058500] Tue, 21 May 2013 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
There is one situation which is some like this problem: Execute External Command.When i first execute one external command ,it occured the same mistake. But execute external command offer one more parameter for timeout set. So use this parameter prevent this error. Is there any method to set the time of timeout for Key combination and other actions?

I offered the attachment show the imformance of error while execute Key combination and the properties of the test step. Wish it could be helpful.

Best wishes,
Posia
  • Attachment: timeOut.bmp
    (Size: 1.78MB, Downloaded 422 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:07]

Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1060094 is a reply to message #1059701] Thu, 23 May 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

There isn't a central / per action way of doing this, no. There is an environment variable that lets you ignore them completely, but I don't know it off the top of my head. I'll investigate.

Alex
Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1060895 is a reply to message #1060094] Wed, 29 May 2013 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Thank you very much,wait for your reply.

best wishes~
Posia
Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1060971 is a reply to message #1060895] Wed, 29 May 2013 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The variable we're looking for is:
GD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT

It's still called GD, but has just been changed [1], so it'll be different in the next release (not Kepler though).

You can use it as a vmarg in your AUT configuration:
-DGD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true

It works for Swing and SWT/RCP and ignores any server-side timeouts. The action error that would have been thrown won't be.

HTH,
Alex

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/commit/?id=4029f0de1054e8c364118cd11edd1d910bd3428f
Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1061951 is a reply to message #1060971] Wed, 05 June 2013 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,
Thanks for your help,I Set The PC's System Enviroment Variable GD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true.After reset the computer ,this problem was solved.

Thanks a lot,
Posia

[Updated on: Sat, 08 June 2013 09:16]

Re: Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1236947 is a reply to message #1061951] Tue, 28 January 2014 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
louy koko is currently offline louy kokoFriend
Hallo all,

I have the same problem with timeout. because I made the test cases on a very fast PC(RAM 8GB, Processor: i7,3,4 GHZ), but I wanna to run these test cases on other PC(RAM 2GB, Processor:intel quade core 2,4 GHZ) with less speed, then always comes this error of time out(Error Description:Timeout received before confirming the posted event)

I have read your comments but I have no idea about GD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true, what is that?
From where can I configure this value to ignore the error message of timeout.

Thank you alot.

Louis
Re: SOLVED:Timeout received before confirming the posted event [message #1725966 is a reply to message #1043930] Tue, 08 March 2016 16:39 Go to previous message
Luca Da Rin Fioretto is currently offline Luca Da Rin FiorettoFriend
Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I'm running tests remotely ($ jubula_8.2.0.021/jubula/testexec -testsuite MySuite -dburl jdbc:mysql://db.mydbserver.org:3306/MyTestDB -project MyProject -language en_US -version 1.0 -dbuser MyUser -dbpw MyUserPassword -port 60000 -resultdir /path/to/results -autconfig MyAUTConfig -server my.virtual.machine)

This problem occurs quite randomly but constantly.

In the attached images you can see how the timeout occurred on an active and 100% found object causing the click - CAP to fail.

Since I'm running an executable program, looks like there is no way to pass argument to the jvm (-DGD_IGNORE_TIMEOUT=true).

So, it's there another way to disable or adjust the timeout?

Thank you.

Luca
Previous Topic:50009: AUT start failed
Next Topic:Locator Parameter Correct Syntax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:17:43 GMT 2024