Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Custom visible-when in standalone RCP application
Custom visible-when in standalone RCP application [message #1043832] Thu, 18 April 2013 07:08
Paul KFriend
Dear community,

I am currently working on a RCP application that shall serve as a standalone application and not as a plugin for the Eclipse IDE.

What I am currently trying to do is to have a "Show View" menu entry which is set up in my persistent application model (application.e4xmi, I created the handledMenuItems for the views I have).

My problem now is that I need some kind of validation so that the submenu entry for a special view / part is only displayed in case it is closed. My idea was to use a visible-when clause which references a key-value pair in the application context.

In order to keep track of the visibility of a part I added a LifeCycle class via the lifeCycleURI to my product extension. In the postContextCreate method I subscribe to the UIEvents.UIElement.TOPIC_TOBERENDERED event. The EventHandler then tests, if the ELEMENT that fired the event is of type MPart. Then I only need to add a custom key-value pair to the application context but here I get stuck: I somehow cannot @Inject the application or reference a class which is not part of the application.e4xmi.

Is this approach too complicated? Is there a better way of solving the problem?

Thank you in advance.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 April 2013 20:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Updating undo/redo labels
Next Topic:Common Navigator Framework (CNF) Sorting Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:07:23 GMT 2024