Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2.(Works perfect on jubula1.3, but it clicks wrong in jubula 2.)
Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1043451] Wed, 17 April 2013 18:12 Go to next message
Danila Pod is currently offline Danila PodFriend
Half of our test uses menu bar. And if menu-entry should be clicked in 3 levels deep jubula2 will click in wrong way.
For example:
Test step should click on Menupath 'Поиск'/'Поддержка'/'Глобальные проблемы'
It clicks on 'Поиск'
Then it moves mouse on the menu list to point 'Продажи' instead of 'Поддержка'.
And of course it didn't find 'Глобальные проблемы' inside.
See the screen with error in attach.

I have tried to reproduce it on DVDtool from the examples folder, but it worked correct. If it is needed, Tomorrow i will try to reproduce this bug on any other example app.
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1044664 is a reply to message #1043451] Fri, 19 April 2013 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

It sounds like you've missed a step in the migration (my guess - have you switched the RCP accessor?).
I just wrote a message in another thread detailing about the migration. You can read it here.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046792 is a reply to message #1044664] Mon, 22 April 2013 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I have repeated all steps needed for correct migration. There were:
1. clear install, on the clear VirtualBox, .
2. xml import of the project from jubula 1.3 to clear H2 DB.
3. unbound modules was replaced for the latest, 7.0 version.
All this stuff have not helped.
Also i've forgotten to add, we have the swing aut. So as i understand RCP accessor doesn't refer to our problem, does it?
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046806 is a reply to message #1046792] Mon, 22 April 2013 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for clarifying those steps. Have you also updated the AUT Agent that is used to execute the tests?
If you've also done that, and the problem still exists, could you post the log file (they're in your home directory) for the rc_swing when you've run a test? There should be something about the configuration error in there.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046820 is a reply to message #1046806] Mon, 22 April 2013 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was clean install of Jubula 2 on the new virtual pc (winXP32-sp3), so i think aut agent should be the latest version.
Log file you can see in attach.
And yes in test execution report I've seen config error in our failed steps.
  • Attachment: rc_swing.log
    (Size: 13.64KB, Downloaded 298 times)
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046837 is a reply to message #1046820] Mon, 22 April 2013 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the information. One final question (for the moment) from my side - I see your test uses a test step to perform the select. What happens if you use the unbound module (from the category "Select / Menu")? It would also be useful if you could say whether using the module for indexpath works as well.

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046850 is a reply to message #1046837] Mon, 22 April 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everything works correct when i use indexpath.
Select / Menu from unbound modules doesn't help.

And also i've forgotten to add about new issue with clean install.
Now it opens correct sub-menus, but it doesn't click on the endpoint of menu.
In path 'Поиск'/'Поддержка'/'Глобальные проблемы', It opens 'Поиск', then 'Поддержка' and click on 'Глобальные проблемы' doesn't happen.
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046854 is a reply to message #1046850] Mon, 22 April 2013 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you post the log entry and test result report for the error you're experiencing now?
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1046865 is a reply to message #1046854] Mon, 22 April 2013 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here it is.
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1047649 is a reply to message #1046865] Tue, 23 April 2013 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Danila,

We've been able to reproduce this error internally now. We believe that it has to do with dynamic menus -> this would explain why sometimes the wrong entry is selected, and why sometimes nothing is selected.

Can you confirm whether the menu you're using has extra items that are added / removed depending on the context?

I have entered a very high priority bug for this:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=406318

The team will look at it immediately - all other updates will be on the bug directly.

Thanks for your assistance in identifying this.

Alex
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1047767 is a reply to message #1047649] Tue, 23 April 2013 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for assistance too Smile

Our main menu has items that are enabled/disable depending on context. Also some items added / removed depending on setting in admin page.
So i think we have dynamic menus.

You have a wonderful product, and this Friday I'll have a speech about Jubula on russian sqa conf. So i hope you will have more users/customers after it Smile
Offtopic:
i have tried to test html by Jubula 2 and 1.3 and i failed.. I had tried simple page, search engine http://ya.ru , but nothing was able to be mapped on this page.
Examles from Jubula standalone package works well, but what about real sites?..
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1051875 is a reply to message #1047767] Mon, 29 April 2013 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Danila,

The adapted jar is now available on the ticket:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=406318

I hope that your talk went well - it's excellent to hear that you were presenting Smile

For the HTML issue - I'm not sure whether the website you mentioned uses a GUI toolkit that we perhaps don't support. Were you mapping using a click (the mapping is different in HTML)?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1058386 is a reply to message #1043451] Mon, 13 May 2013 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much, this jar fixed our problem with main menu bar.

I've noticed about 11 people that was very interested in Jubula after my speech. I don't know how many of listeners was instested silently... I think, the main thing archieved - now people know that Jubula/GUIdancer exists and can help with java gui Smile

And info+slides:
http://www.sqadays.com/talk.sdf/sqadays/sqa_days13/talks/7778
Re: Select menu by text-path doesn't work on jubula2. [message #1058502 is a reply to message #1058386] Tue, 14 May 2013 11:23 Go to previous message
Pleased to hear it Smile glad it's working now!

And thanks for the slides and your efforts - even though I don't read Russian (?) I could follow some things Smile

Previous Topic:AUT activation method
Next Topic:Running UI and non-UI tests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:23:03 GMT 2024