Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP Client Service Lifecycle
RAP Client Service Lifecycle [message #1043251] Wed, 17 April 2013 13:18 Go to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,

While testing BrowserNavigation Service, I noticed if it is requested before createContents for an AbstractEntryPoint, this service is not working for the whole session.

I have attached a small project to illustrate this, by launching Client Service OK
the page allow to push state in browser history, with Client Service KO, this does not work.
The only differences between the 2 is the call to RWT.getClient().getService(BrowserNavigation.class); in EntryPoint constructor

Is it something expected ? if yes,an exception should probably be thrown if access is illegal here.

Regards,
Arnaud

[Updated on: Wed, 17 April 2013 13:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP Client Service Lifecycle [message #1043821 is a reply to message #1043251] Thu, 18 April 2013 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Arnaud,
all client services are session singletons. The BrowserNavigation
Service needs a valid Display instance (current display) when it is
created (obtained for the first time) - see BrowserNavigationImpl
constructor. If you get this service in the entry point constructor
(before EntryPoint#createUI method) the display is not yet created. As a
result BrowserNavigation Service cannot get the correct session - inner
display field is null.
HTH,
Ivan

On 4/17/2013 4:19 PM, Arnaud MERGEY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While testing BrowserNavigation Service, I noticed if it is requested before createContents for an AbstractEntryPoint, this service is not working for the whole session.
>
> I have attached a small project to illustrate this, by launching Client Service OK
> the page allow to push state in browser history, with Client Service KO, this does not work.
> The only differences between is the call to RWT.getClient().getService(BrowserNavigation.class); in EntryPoint constructor
>
> Is it something expected ? if yes,an exception should probably be thrown if access is illegal here.
>
> Regards,
> Arnaud

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP Client Service Lifecycle [message #1043836 is a reply to message #1043251] Thu, 18 April 2013 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
.... but maybe this display field and the check is not needed anymore
(the BrowserNavigation is a client service (session singleton) and it
has the correct session). Please open a bugzilla about it.
Thanks,
Ivan

On 4/17/2013 4:19 PM, Arnaud MERGEY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While testing BrowserNavigation Service, I noticed if it is requested before createContents for an AbstractEntryPoint, this service is not working for the whole session.
>
> I have attached a small project to illustrate this, by launching Client Service OK
> the page allow to push state in browser history, with Client Service KO, this does not work.
> The only differences between is the call to RWT.getClient().getService(BrowserNavigation.class); in EntryPoint constructor
>
> Is it something expected ? if yes,an exception should probably be thrown if access is illegal here.
>
> Regards,
> Arnaud

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RAP Client Service Lifecycle [message #1043898 is a reply to message #1043836] Thu, 18 April 2013 08:36 Go to previous message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Thanks, Ivan, I have created 405951.
Previous Topic:Absolutly no luck trying out RAP.
Next Topic:SWT.ICON_SEARCH and SWT.ICON_CANCEL not work in the dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:50:35 GMT 2024