Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Generated Compile Errors(Getting compile errors in the code generated by Eugenia)
Generated Compile Errors [message #1043005] Wed, 17 April 2013 06:35 Go to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
So basically I'm using Eugenia to try and create a GMF editor for a non-trivial model. I originally tried using GMF by itself and couldn't get it working.

When I make the changes I believe are necessary to the Emfatic file and use the 'Generate GMF Editor' command through Eugenia it says that the code generation has completed successfully. The problem is that the code it has generated has a number (hundreds) of compile errors in the model, edit and diagram plugins.

The compile errors range from fields not existing to multiple return statements one after the other (causing an 'Unreachable Code' compile error).

When I create a .genmodel manually on the same model the code it generates is fine.

Given that there's no error message for me to start hunting with I'm not really sure how to diagnose the problem. Eugenia appears to think everything has gone fine when it clearly hasn't.

How can I go about finding and fixing the problems causing the incorrect code generation when Eugenia hasn't given me any hint of what's wrong?
Re: Generated Compile Errors [message #1043059 is a reply to message #1043005] Wed, 17 April 2013 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Would it be possible to attach a copy of your metamodel so that I can reproduce this and investigate?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Generated Compile Errors [message #1049635 is a reply to message #1043059] Fri, 26 April 2013 05:02 Go to previous message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for your reply, sorry mine has taken so long.

I'll have to check with my boss about what I'm allowed to give you. As soon as I get an answer I'll let you know.
Previous Topic:Emtpy Error when generating GMF tool, graph and map models
Next Topic:[EVL] Custom validation messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:26:04 GMT 2024