Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How can I override popup menu commands?
How can I override popup menu commands? [message #1042157] Tue, 16 April 2013 03:54 Go to next message
CB Liu is currently offline CB LiuFriend
I would like to use my own logic for commands such as delete/copy/paste/... in the project explorer.

So far I have used the extension points "org.eclipse.ui.handlers" to register the handler for DELETE key.

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.handlers">
      <handler
            class="my.DeleteFileHandler"
            commandId="org.eclipse.ui.edit.delete">
      </handler>
</extension>

My problem is that the popup menu of the project explorer still has the default behaviour. Is there a way to override this as well? Thanks.
Re: How can I override popup menu commands? [message #1471819 is a reply to message #1042157] Thu, 13 November 2014 11:08 Go to previous message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Did you ever get an answer to this? I need to override the paste functionality of Project Explorer, Package Explorer and Navigator - I would like to change the contents of the file (of my own type, defined in my plugin), when I paste and the file exists. Like when you paste a .java file, and the file already exists - it pops up a rename dialog, then also renames the class inside the file.
Previous Topic:Unable to build RCP Product for AIX ppc64 environment on Eclipse Indigo
Next Topic:Deadlock when starting RCP based application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:46:51 GMT 2024