Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » The cube cannot be created because the related dataset is missing.(BIRT Previewer reports error for data cube that is not referenced in report)
The cube cannot be created because the related dataset is missing. [message #1041881] Mon, 15 April 2013 17:58 Go to next message
Paul Burkel is currently offline Paul BurkelFriend
I am getting the following error when prevewing a report design:

TabularCube Bite_getConfigSeatResetsByWeek_DataCube:
+ The cube cannot be created because the related dataset is missing. (Element ID:192)

The report does use data cubes, but not the one referenced in the error. All report elements that use data cubes are previewed as expected. This error is being reported when processing a list that does not reference any data cubes.

I have searched the report design XML source and this cube is not referenced anywhere. I also cannot find an elemnt with ID 192 in the XML file.

Re: The cube cannot be created because the related dataset is missing. [message #1043595 is a reply to message #1041881] Wed, 17 April 2013 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you expand the error and post the stack. Could you also post the design?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: The cube cannot be created because the related dataset is missing. [message #1044202 is a reply to message #1043595] Thu, 18 April 2013 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Burkel is currently offline Paul BurkelFriend
Michael,
I negelected to mention in the original post that the report was using libraries. I found the problem in the library and corrected it. Sorry for the false alarm.
Regards,
Paul Burkel
Re: The cube cannot be created because the related dataset is missing. [message #1045048 is a reply to message #1044202] Fri, 19 April 2013 17:42 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

That was going to be my guess and what I was going to look for, in your report. Guess I should have just said it, but I wanted to look around, first. Smile Glad you got it! Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:How can I get the parameter datatypes from a Report Definition/Design
Next Topic:Add My own Font Path to Birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:00:51 GMT 2024