Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Plugins installed using aTarget Definition are not properly installed
Plugins installed using aTarget Definition are not properly installed [message #1041767] Mon, 15 April 2013 14:43 Go to next message
Kyle Girard is currently offline Kyle GirardFriend
Hi,

I've created a local p2 repository to contain all my third party dependencies. I've converted all the 3rd party jars to be osgi bundles, some bundles need to be unpacked when installed (Eclipse-BundleShape: dir), some have dependencies on system.bundle, others have Eclipse-Buddy headers etc. The jars have all the correct headers in their manifest files when I look at them on the site. However, after specifying the site in a target definition file the plugin that gets installed is not the same as the plugin on the site. The manifest has been rewritten and dependencies are altered, headers I require in the manifest have been removed, the plugin that is supposed to be unpacked is unpacked but only directories that include .class files are unpacked, others are left out.

What do I have to do to ensure that the plugin in the p2 repository is the one installed using the target definition? I've created the p2 site using both the build site button in the site.xml editor and using tycho eclipse-repository. I though that there was some metadata of some sort not being written but in either case the result is the same? What am I missing?

I've looked at the libraries in the orbit repository with slightly older versions and my manifests look the same as theirs for a couple of the libraries.. minus the signing.

Kyle
Re: Plugins installed using aTarget Definition are not properly installed [message #1042633 is a reply to message #1041767] Tue, 16 April 2013 17:32 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
I'm having difficulty following what you are doing. Here is my best guess.

1) Create a bundle project that includes some jar file you reexport
2) The manifest includes several important headers
3) Create a feature and site.xml to build a p2 repo when built
4) Create a target definition and include the exported repo as a location
5) The target contents aren't correct?

The target definition support in PDE only reads the manifest, it doesn't alter it.
Previous Topic:Missing templates in exported Eclipse
Next Topic:Reveal a file in the package explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:46:05 GMT 2024