Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Re-indexing even though "Refresh when index changes" is off
Re-indexing even though "Refresh when index changes" is off [message #1041097] Sun, 14 April 2013 16:14 Go to next message
Philip Aston is currently offline Philip AstonFriend
egit 2.3.1 keeps re-indexing a git repository. It burns a lot of CPU, and never completes.

Re-indexing seems to be triggered on every save (even to files on completely different files systems).

- I've unchecked "Refresh resources when index changes"
- I have no open projects that use that repository.

I believe egit is mistakenly identifying projects in .gitignored subdirectories as belonging to the parent repository.

How do I stop it?

- Phil
Re: Re-indexing even though "Refresh when index changes" is off [message #1042709 is a reply to message #1041097] Tue, 16 April 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Philip Aston skrev 2013-04-15 17.35:
> egit 2.3.1 keeps re-indexing a git repository. It burns a lot of CPU, and never completes.
>
> Re-indexing seems to be triggered on every save (even to files on completely different files systems).
> - I've unchecked "Refresh resources when index changes"
> - I have no open projects that use that repository.
>
> I believe egit is mistakenly identifying projects in .gitignored subdirectories as belonging to the parent repository.

Sounds likely. Can you report this to bugs.eclipse.org (I did not check if this is reported), but I know
there is something relating to not completely ignoring .ignored folders (it scans and /then/ ignores).

> How do I stop it?

The nightly builds might be better (faster), causing less problem if you have many repositories, but the
basic issue is mostly likely still there.

-- robin
Re: Re-indexing even though "Refresh when index changes" is off [message #1042792 is a reply to message #1042709] Tue, 16 April 2013 22:14 Go to previous message
Philip Aston is currently offline Philip AstonFriend
Thanks Robin. I've opened Bug 405833.

Fortunately (for me), the problem has gone away. I think this is because I de-selected "Auto share projects located in a git repository", but I can't be sure. I'll continue to try to trigger the problem, and report any "success" against 405833.
Previous Topic:push readme.
Next Topic:grep with jgit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:32:49 GMT 2024