Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Element addition should be refined by References set
Element addition should be refined by References set [message #1039637] Fri, 12 April 2013 11:41 Go to next message
Guillaume P. is currently offline Guillaume P.Friend
Let suppose we had previously the following structure:

A
+- B
+- C

(So here, A contains B and C)

If then I have

A
+- B <---+
+- C     |
+- D ----+
   +- E
   +- F

(D, containing E and F, is added, and this D has a reference to B)

then I make a comparison, I will see 4 changes (if I well understood):
- Add D in A
- Add E in E
- Add F in F
- Set reference from D to B
For each addition, I won't have an AttributeChange for setting the attributes of each element added, but I will have a ReferenceChange for setting the reference from D to B. I understand that it's needed in order to be able to detect a conflict with a B deletion for instance (or an dependency with the B addition if B didn't exist before). But I would have think that, as E and F addition are refining D addition, this reference set should be refining the D addition. Instead of that, the required link is used.
What I firstly understood with the refine link is that it means that changes refining another change are like sub-parts of this change. And the containment as references should be part of the addition I think, not some of them (containment reference) a part while others are only related (simple reference).
Re: Element addition should be refined by References set [message #1039649 is a reply to message #1039637] Fri, 12 April 2013 11:59 Go to previous message
Guillaume P. is currently offline Guillaume P.Friend
Ok, my fault, after reading the DeveloperGuide it seems that I dind't undestood at all the meaning of these links.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 April 2013 12:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Guava 11?
Next Topic:Diff process on huge file is really long (v2.1.0M6)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:38:07 GMT 2024