Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project
Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1039628] Fri, 12 April 2013 11:31 Go to next message
Christian Schulz is currently offline Christian SchulzFriend
Hello,

I have a multiconfiguration project and configured SVN as SCM provider.
My configuration contains a node setup as an axis, when running the job I get in the workspace two checkouts.
One is the checkout into the workspace itself and one is the checkout of the axis.

Log of the job on the master:
Started by user anonymous
Building on master
Checking out a fresh workspace because there's no workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/K4_Init/workspace
Cleaning workspace /var/lib/hudson/jobs/K4_Init/workspace
Checking out http://codeserver/svn/code/trunk revision: Apr 12, 2013 2:22:52 PM depth:infinity ignoreExternals: true
A         tests
AU        tools/obcp/getParameterID.sh
At revision 3188
no change for http://codeserver/svn-dlr/code/trunk since the previous build
Triggering master

Log of the job on the master as slave:
Started by upstream job "K4_Init" build number 48
Building on master
Checking out a fresh workspace because there's no workspace at /var/lib/hudson/jobs/K4_Init/workspace/slave/master
Cleaning workspace /var/lib/hudson/jobs/K4_Init/workspace/slave/master
Checking out http://codeserver/svn/code/trunk revision: Apr 12, 2013 2:22:52 PM depth:infinity ignoreExternals: true
A         build

In my opinion it is wrong, but what do you think?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 16:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1039639 is a reply to message #1039628] Fri, 12 April 2013 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

Would it be possible to get a copy of your config.xml file? You can email it to me: schristou88@gmail.com

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1039654 is a reply to message #1039628] Fri, 12 April 2013 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting is the behaviour of the executors.

When I start the job and the "slave" isn't running only the checkout the status is shown like 0/4+1.
When the slave itselfs runs it looks like 1/4+1.

I have sent you a mail.
Is there no possibility to upload any files here?
Re: Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1153447 is a reply to message #1039654] Thu, 24 October 2013 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any news on this topic?
Re: Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1159810 is a reply to message #1153447] Mon, 28 October 2013 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Christian, curious, are you setting up master as slave node axis? If so what is the reason?
Also since you have setup master as a slave node axis, the second checkout happens under "K4_Init/workspace/slave/master", where as the first one was under "K4_Init/workspace". Though I don't know the reason why you setup the slave node axis as master, the ckeckout behavior seems to be correct to me.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1159976 is a reply to message #1039628] Mon, 28 October 2013 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I have selected it there. I thought I have to do it, otherwise the svn checkout isn't executed on the master as well.
I have created some additional steps to prepare the build environment. So the best solution is to move them into an own job and keep the checkout alone in one job?
Re: Duplicate checkout using SVN and multiconfiguration project [message #1160155 is a reply to message #1159976] Tue, 29 October 2013 01:35 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
For that purpose you could use Matrix Tie Parent Plugin. This plugin ties the parent build of a multi-configuration job to a particular node (namely master).

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Plugin - Grinder patch
Next Topic:Independent push and poll configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:25:39 GMT 2024