Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Highlight After Auto-Correct
Highlight After Auto-Correct [message #1039277] Fri, 12 April 2013 01:28 Go to next message
Mike Johnson is currently offline Mike JohnsonFriend
I'm overriding a keyword function to create a new proposal provider with the goal of providing content assist to a new terminal, which works fine (using acceptor.accept(createProposal etc. etc.)). But the Xtext API isn't really descriptive - I can't find a class/method that does the last step in emulating Eclipse's auto-fill/content assist feature. Does anyone know how to do the auto-highlight-edit feature that Eclipse does for everything it auto-completes? Just simply overriding the function with a new string provides options when CTRL + SPACE is pressed, but - after selecting an option - it just fills in the desired string with the cursor following it. No highlight, ready to edit feature like Eclipse does when it auto-completes something with a default value, then highlights it for immediate edit.

I didn't include code because I thought it was a simple enough explanation of what I'm trying to accomplish, and I don't have any idea of what code accomplishes what I'd like anyways.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 April 2013 01:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Highlight After Auto-Correct [message #1039291 is a reply to message #1039277] Fri, 12 April 2013 01:51 Go to previous message
Steve Kallestad is currently offline Steve KallestadFriend
It sounds like you want a template proposal instead of a regular proposal. A template proposal will allow you to replace a value. Here's a blog on it: http://blogs.itemis.de/stundzig/archives/750

Previous Topic:semantic highlighting stops working after rename-refactor
Next Topic:Different generated file directory organization for plugin project and for normal java project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:23:28 GMT 2024