Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » [TEXO] move from normal EMF to TEXO
[TEXO] move from normal EMF to TEXO [message #1038732] Thu, 11 April 2013 08:38 Go to next message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
Hello!

i created a project with EMF ecore with hibernate. i ran into several problems so now want to move to Texo, which will resolve my problems.

fact is i have an .ecore and generated interfaces (which are used in several plugins of my application) and the Impl's to those interfaces.

after installing TEXO i generated model code, and looked at my src-gen folder,
which contains the Classes (they have no Impl attached) and contain class code.

what do i have to do to get Interfaces & Classes or how can i use my interfaces in these classes... so i can use them with my existing code? (i hope this is possible, otherwise i am in troubles.)

any help wellcome
thanks in advance
ludwig
Re: [TEXO] move from normal EMF to TEXO [message #1041203 is a reply to message #1038732] Sun, 14 April 2013 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Ludwig,
Strange I did not see your message in the newsgroup, the forum should get synced there...

Texo does not follow the interface pattern, so interfaces are only generated for eclasses defined as interfaces.

Actually afaics interfaces are not needed most of the time for entities. Why would you want to have/use interfaces?

gr. Martin
Re: [TEXO] move from normal EMF to TEXO [message #1041430 is a reply to message #1041203] Mon, 15 April 2013 05:05 Go to previous message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
my application is split up into smaller parts (plugins)
and the specification for the objects used by these plugins are defined in interfaces
(the programmer does not need to know how data is retrieved. i have a StorageService, which provides different PersistenceServices. each of these PersistenceServices represent an concrete implementation. for exampe one saves its data in a XML file, another one can save it to a Database, how data-Structure is saved/mapped is up to the developer - important is the result!)

why do i do that? because all my data is currently stored in an database, which was designed like 15 years back, and its datastructure is not the way i want it to be. so i implemented a persistence service, which can load the data from this database. then i switch my persistence service to the new one and i can save it to my 'new' database with data structure without any problems.
Previous Topic:Ecore parser ?
Next Topic:Diff 2 EObjects of the same ecore model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:57:16 GMT 2024