Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Problems with tool-extentions
Problems with tool-extentions [message #1038207] Wed, 10 April 2013 14:49 Go to next message
Alexander _ is currently offline Alexander _Friend
Hi,

I am currently writing a programm, which uses the RMF framework to create the reqif object from a *.reqif file, which I have created befor, using ProR.

If I create a new ReqIF10model in ProR and add some SpecObjects ... RMF creates the desired object, but if I add a Presention(e.g) to the file, it wont work.

Till now I simply deleted the tool-extention section in the *.reqif file befor using it. This way everything worked fine ...

But is there some other solution ?

kind regards,

Alex
Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1040196 is a reply to message #1038207] Sat, 13 April 2013 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Alex,

First, we do have some issues with the ToolExtensions, and we plan to refactor their handling within the next month or so. In fact, we recently added a .reqifz-Importer (not to RMF, but to ProR Essentials) which does exactly what you do: It strips all ToolExtensions to prevent problems.

If you can afford it, I would recommend you to just wait for another month, until the ToolExtensions are fixed (Mark is working on that one, I'll remind him). If you need a solution right now, then you have to provide more information: Can you describe step-by-step what you are doing, and where the problem occurs?

Best,

- Michael
Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1041669 is a reply to message #1038207] Mon, 15 April 2013 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. One month is fine with me Wink since it is no real "issue".
In the mean time I simply write the previously removed informations back in the reqif file after my modifications are done. So it looks again, like the one originaly created in ProR.

Here is a simple example, based on the this tutorial http://wiki.eclipse.org/RMF/User_Guide/Tutorial

1. create a new Reqif10Model within ProR
2. add a new Datatype, T_ID (String), to the Requirement Type
3. add the ID Column
4. add some Requirement Types to the model
=> ReqIF import is working

----

Extending the previous example ...
4. add a Presentation (ID-Generator ) for datatype T_ID
5. add some Requirement Types to the model (ID is now generated)
=> ReqIF import isnt working anymore ( some sort of infinite loop during import )

Alex

PS: can you give me a short explanation for what the general configuration->label configuration should be used ?
Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1041861 is a reply to message #1041669] Mon, 15 April 2013 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexander,

What version of ProR are you using? I recall the issue of "hanging", I thought we fixed that one. The problem may actually be a different one than the one you described. Particularly, we observed this behavior when the tool tried to pull the tool extension's schema from the internet. You can test this by checking whether the import works after all (after a time-out, which can take up to 15 minutes!).

> PS: can you give me a short explanation for what the general configuration->label configuration should be used ?

You can create a list of attribute names to be considered for the text in the outline and the link targets.

Best,

- Michael

Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1042211 is a reply to message #1041861] Tue, 16 April 2013 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,

I am using the standalone version of ProR, including the following packages.

Formal Mind Registration Feature 0.6.1.201303281548
ProR Linkmanagement Presentation Feature 0.6.1.201303281548
ProR ReqIF Diff Support Feature 0.6.1.201303281548
ProR ReqIF Team Feature 0.6.1.201303281548
ProR ReqIFz Transfer 0.6.1.201303281548
ProR Xhtml Rtf Presentation Feature 0.6.1.201303281548
RMF ProR Standalone 0.6.1.201303051050

You were right, after trying to import the file for about 10min, I got an exception and the import failed.

Here is a short version of the stacktrace...

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-04-16 07:49:10.978
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@18e4e6cf (eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@6bfc212d (name: IdConfiguration) (instanceClassName: null) (abstract: false, interface: false)) (mixed: null, anyAttribute: [toolextensions_1.0:datatype=rmf-957f44d7-4bfb-4637-abbc-6f7db446fdb6, id:count=2])' is not legal. (file:/C:/Users/alex/workspace_pror/testing/not_working.reqif, 135, 115)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:319)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:278)

Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@18e4e6cf (eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@6bfc212d (name: IdConfiguration) (instanceClassName: null) (abstract: false, interface: false)) (mixed: null, anyAttribute: [toolextensions_1.0:datatype=rmf-957f44d7-4bfb-4637-abbc-6f7db446fdb6, id:count=2])' is not legal. (file:/C:/Users/alex/workspace_pror/testing/not_working.reqif, 135, 115)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.setFeatureValue(XMLHandler.java:2657)

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayStoreException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.assign(BasicEList.java:118)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList.java:418)

Alex

[Updated on: Thu, 18 April 2013 07:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1043945 is a reply to message #1041669] Thu, 18 April 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexander,

So far, I could not reproduce the issue, working on it.

Quote:
=> ReqIF import isnt working anymore ( some sort of infinite loop during import )

Just to clarify, do you really mean "import" (by using the tranfer plug-in), or are you simply referring to opening the .reqif file by double-clicking on it?

And last, could you give me one of those broken files that you created? Either email it to me, or even better, create a Bugzilla issue for this problem.

Best,

- Michael
Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1044680 is a reply to message #1043945] Fri, 19 April 2013 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Micheal,

sorry if I didnt made that clear enough.
By import I mean ...

ResourceSet resourceSet = new ReqIFResourceSetImpl();
Resource resource = resourceSet.getResource(fileURI, true); <-- wont work
ReqIF reqif = (ReqIF) resource.getContents().get(0);

PS: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=406050

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2013 08:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1044863 is a reply to message #1044680] Fri, 19 April 2013 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexander,

Okay, you problem may lie yet somewhere else. Are you registering all Presentation Plug-Ins, before performing the import? If not, then system may not be aware of the namespaces of the various plug-ins. If it is not aware of them, it'll go onto the Internet to retrieve the schemas. ...and the schemas can not be found, as they are in the pror.org domain, which now redirects to the RMF homepage at eclipse.org. This creates the timeout situation that I was referring to earlier.

You may want to check out org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.pror.testframework.AbstractItemProviderTest to see how the various AdapterFactories are registered in the test code.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Best, Michael
Re: Problems with tool-extentions [message #1053082 is a reply to message #1044863] Thu, 02 May 2013 11:14 Go to previous message
Hi Michael,

sorry that I did not answer earlier ...

You were right Smile

The org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.pror.presentation.* plugins were only included in the eclipse installation, but not in the target plattform definition.

The "not_working" example does now work Wink

kind regards,

Alex
Previous Topic:0.5 -> 0.6 migration problem
Next Topic:easy way to export / print reqs including link information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:24:49 GMT 2024