Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to furnish Eclipse for different languages
How to furnish Eclipse for different languages [message #1037581] Tue, 09 April 2013 18:49 Go to next message
Nico van de Kamp is currently offline Nico van de KampFriend
Hello,

I'm new to Eclipse. In the past(2008) I have used Ecplise for my certification of JAVA 1.4SE.
But I'm also working with PHP and with C/C++.

What is the best way to work with Eclipse:
- just download one Eclipse and add all different language plugins with "install new software". But how do you keep the workspaces separated?
- or keep it separated, dowmloadeing three times:
1. one with Java
2. one with C/C++.
3. one with PDT from Zend.

Is there a simple "How to" furnish Eclipse for different languages? (and when do you use the classic, Java EE, or Java IDE version. What is the difference between it?

I have also downloaded the Eclipse version of Zend. Then I have updated it with "install new software". Now I need a license key of Zend! Just initial downloaded version I wasn't asked for a license key.
Re: How to furnish Eclipse for different languages [message #1038899 is a reply to message #1037581] Thu, 11 April 2013 13:42 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The recommended approach is to pick a download to start with and use the Install New Software feature to add the other languages.

Don't confuse workspaces with Eclipse installations. You can have any number of workspaces. If you prefer to keep different language projects in different workspaces, then simply create a workspace for each language. You can also have workspaces with projects for multiple languages. In fact, you can have a project that supports multiple languages.

You will have to ask the providers of Zend your licensing question.
Previous Topic:Fetching children of Juno fails
Next Topic:Auto update Hibernate libraries with eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:43:58 GMT 2024