Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Service Component Architecture (SCA) Tools » SOA application
SOA application [message #1037359] Tue, 09 April 2013 13:08 Go to next message
MinhTu TonThat is currently offline MinhTu TonThatFriend
Hello everyone,
I wonder someone can show an example of the architecture of a real-world project using SOA? Maybe this question is not concerned with SCA tool but I hope someone can answer. Thank you in advance.
Re: SOA application [message #1037373 is a reply to message #1037359] Tue, 09 April 2013 13:21 Go to previous message
Vincent Zurczak is currently offline Vincent ZurczakFriend

Hi,

Indeed, this is not just about SCA.
SOA is a set of principles, rather than technologies. SOA can be used to build applications, but not only. Personally, I have not build many SOA applications. I worked with SOA in the scope of application integrations (make information systems more flexible, more agile).

SCA is one solution to build SOA applications (a SCA application : components inside, services outside). I do not have a lot of examples for SCA but I know some exists. You should ask SCA runtime platforms for meaningful examples (see Tuscany, FraSCAti or Fabric3).

You can also take a look at some OSGi frameworks, such as iPojo or Declarative Services or BluePrint. The principle is very similar to SCA. It is a way of building applications in a modular and service oriented approach. And in this case, you have a lot of real-world projects.

Eventually, you can do SOA without any specific frameworks. SOA is also and more than anything else, a matter of design. You can choose a framework or a technology that forces a given design. Or you can make your own one.
Previous Topic:Tutorial has to be changed
Next Topic:Error creating a web service using JBossWS and JBoss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:42:57 GMT 2024