Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Trouble importing snippets
Trouble importing snippets [message #1036490] Mon, 08 April 2013 12:52 Go to next message
Jim Reynolds is currently offline Jim ReynoldsFriend
My configuration info is at the end of this message.

I am new to Eclipse. I have Snippets installed and have downloaded a number of snippet xml files to import. However, I cannot import those files. I open the Snippets window, right-click, select Import, navigate to the xml file, select it, click Open ... and the window closes without importing the file.

I've tried various options I can imagine (reboot, import with project open/closed, import into an empty category, etc) but nothing works. Anyone familiar with my problem and know the solution?

I am running Eclipse 4.2.2 on Mac OSX. My installed software is:

Eclipse SDK
    Eclipse Web Developer Tools (XML, Javascript, WST Common/Server/Web/User Docs)
    PHP Eclipse
    Aptana Studio 3

Re: Trouble importing snippets [message #1036723 is a reply to message #1036490] Mon, 08 April 2013 18:32 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Aptana provides their own Snippets view, you'll have to check with their support mechanisms for why the import is not working. The view provided from Eclipse.org (as part of WTP) only Imports from its Customizer dialog.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Build Path error
Next Topic:Dumb Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:54:02 GMT 2024