Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » looking for solution
looking for solution [message #1035532] Sun, 07 April 2013 02:10 Go to next message
Azi Azwady Jamaludin is currently offline Azi Azwady JamaludinFriend
Greetings forumer,

I'm looking for solution. I've create a first dialog box where the user will key in the data, and I also have the second dialog generated when user push the button on first dialog. Actually, the second dialog uses tableviewer to list the data entered.

I'm going to drag the selected data on the second dialog and drop it in the text field on the first dialog. The drag source work fine but when I'm trying to drop into the text field (first dialog), it won't work as the first dialog has been inactive.

My idea is to make my 1'st dialog active when it listen to the drag gesture (drag from 2'nd dialog), so that I can drop the source into it. Please help me with this or is there better way to do it such as combining the 1'st dialog and 2'nd dialog into one dialog / shell.

Smile Smile
Re: looking for solution [message #1043776 is a reply to message #1035532] Thu, 18 April 2013 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrayya Kumarswamimath is currently offline Chandrayya KumarswamimathFriend
Both dialogs shares the same parent?Or first dialog is the parent of sencond dialog?Did you checked the styled bits of these dialogs?Please provide the code snippet for understand better
Re: looking for solution [message #1044156 is a reply to message #1043776] Thu, 18 April 2013 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azi Azwady Jamaludin is currently offline Azi Azwady JamaludinFriend
Hi Chandray.

The first dialog will call the second dialog when user push the button. I'm planning to transfer data in the second dialog which is displayed in tableViewer. When the data selected (i'm using focusCell), the data will be transfer to the first dialog.

I'm implementing FileInputStream, FileOutputStream and using byte[] to read and write. So far, the data can be transfer but when I look into stacktrace, it trigger exception that this is not a file. I'm ignoring this exception as the data (which is in String type) is transferred. But i'm doubt that this can lead to some issue in the future. So,i'm looking for other solution.

I'm also transferring file which is open by file dialog and I want to put it in the database(mysql). The idea is to transfer the String (file path) to my entity and trigger the mergeEntity (I'm using entity manager) to create a script which will update the database. So far, it works but and now I want to find the solution which mysql can load file based on the given path. I've look at the manuals and it state that I need to call LOAD_FILE.

I'm in doubt as the script (database) require you to put WHERE (eg. where id = 1) as I'm planning to make it available for every column, not just one column (the column is in BLOB datatype which is equal to byte[] in JAVA, i think).

Here, i'm upload my dialog for review.
AppliQueryDialog is the first dialog and call SearchCaseIDDialog.

Any suggestions is much appreciate Smile Smile

Re: looking for solution [message #1044616 is a reply to message #1044156] Fri, 19 April 2013 06:04 Go to previous message
Chandrayya Kumarswamimath is currently offline Chandrayya KumarswamimathFriend
Try this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4370452/display-parent-modal-dialog-with-swt. You need to create separate parent shells for fist and second dialog
Previous Topic:Sleak plugin
Next Topic:SWT_AWT Bridge Frame "Pops Out" on resize across monitors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:34:12 GMT 2024