Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » jdbc connection profile problem(Connection profile doesn't word in birt viewer in tomcat)
jdbc connection profile problem [message #1034125] Fri, 05 April 2013 03:18 Go to next message
kappa zeroventotto is currently offline kappa zeroventottoFriend
Hi, I created a report using the eclipse plugin.
The data source type is "JDBC Database connection for query builder", and it works great if I run the report from eclipse!
When I run my report on a Birt Viewer deployed under Tomcat 6, I received an error.
I understood that my problem is that the runtime enviroment doesn't find the connection profile, but my questions are: Ho to do it?Which files do I have to copy from my Eclipse test platform to my production tomcat platform? thank you!

this is the error I receive from my report:

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.dbprofile.
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Unable to open a connection with the database connection profile. (Element ID:1205)

K028
Re: jdbc connection profile problem [message #1036968 is a reply to message #1034125] Tue, 09 April 2013 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You might check the path in your datasource to the profile store. Also, you might take a look at this if using 3.7 and above:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Birt_3.7_Migration_Guide#Connection_Profiles

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: jdbc connection profile problem [message #1689379 is a reply to message #1036968] Mon, 23 March 2015 12:50 Go to previous message
Prathyush S is currently offline Prathyush SFriend
Have you find any solution @kappa zeroventotto

I'm also facing the same issue. Can you please check the following link.https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1689369/#msg_1689369
Previous Topic:Getting Data to read from left to right
Next Topic:DataCube Primary DataSet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:42:36 GMT 2024