Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Using Xtext 2.3.1 Included Parser
Using Xtext 2.3.1 Included Parser [message #1033076] Wed, 03 April 2013 20:44 Go to next message
Mike Johnson is currently offline Mike JohnsonFriend
I'm trying to use the included parser instead of ANTLR. I saw this message:

As an alternative to ANTLR you could also use the alternative implementation shipped with Xtext.
To do so use the generator fragment '...packrat.PackratParserFragment' in your mwe2 file instead.(Element: -UNKNOWN-; Reported by: -UNKNOWN-)
[ERROR]:

But I don't know what/where to modify in the MWE2 workflow file. I see two "fragment=" fragments that are ANTLR, but pasting in org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.packrat.PackratParserFragment instead of the ANTLR string doesn't change the error.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to use the included (packrat?) parser with the Eclipse/Xtext download (the pre-configured-with-xtext-download, not downloading Xtext using Update Sites) instead of downloading ANTLR?

Thx
Re: Using Xtext 2.3.1 Included Parser [message #1036159 is a reply to message #1033076] Mon, 08 April 2013 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Johnson is currently offline Mike JohnsonFriend
No one knows how to configure the included, non-ANTLR parser?
Re: Using Xtext 2.3.1 Included Parser [message #1036307 is a reply to message #1036159] Mon, 08 April 2013 08:02 Go to previous message
Claudio Heeg is currently offline Claudio HeegFriend
I don't think the Packrat parser is still being maintained.
See http://blog.efftinge.de/2009/01/xtext-new-parser-backend.html, especially the comment section.
I also tried adding the fragment (halfheartedly, I admit) instead of the ANTLR parser generator, and that didn't work.
Previous Topic:library approach and global scoping
Next Topic:Use IDerivedStateComputer with non-xbase projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:19:27 GMT 2024