Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Web Viewer Issue
Web Viewer Issue [message #1033055] Wed, 03 April 2013 20:08 Go to next message
Brandon Garding is currently offline Brandon GardingFriend
I have a report that has uses two cross tabs to simulate a locked header.

One cross tab is just the header. The second cross tab is just the row and details and is placed, via javascript, within an iframe. This allows the details to be scrollable while the header remains stationary.

On my local machine, this works perfectly. However, once it's on the web viewer on our report server, the cross tab fails to work properly.

The row area items and all of the cells, including those in the detail area, scroll correctly and are contained within the iframe. The items that are contained in the detail cells (label, data and dynamic text items) are not. Those items completely ignore the iframe.

This means, the row area scrolls up and down, as do the cells of the detail area which have different colors, but the items in the detail stay where they are. Also, the row area and cells do not appear below the iframe, but the detail items do.

I have tried adjusting things in the CSS and even not using the styles.css altogether. While this effects the look of the report, it does nothing to the iframe issue.

I created the report in BIRT 4.2.1. The web viewer is 4.2.1. The Java version is JRockit 1.6.

Any suggestion would be helpful because my boss and I have run out of ideas.
Re: Web Viewer Issue [message #1033322 is a reply to message #1033055] Thu, 04 April 2013 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you recreate your issue with the sample database and attach the report?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Web Viewer Issue [message #1033725 is a reply to message #1033322] Thu, 04 April 2013 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here you go.

Our users use IE. So, I didn't take the time to make this cross-browser. It only works in IE.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 April 2013 15:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Web Viewer Issue [message #1034031 is a reply to message #1033725] Thu, 04 April 2013 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Interesting. You could get around this by putting the detail crosstab in a 150px height grid and setting the grid cell's overflow property to "scroll"

Michael

Re: Web Viewer Issue [message #1034550 is a reply to message #1034031] Fri, 05 April 2013 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried that originally and couldn't get it to work. Now, I can get rid of the javascript and use the cell overflow and it works.

I don't know why I couldn't get it to work at first, I must have been missing something.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Web Viewer Issue [message #1034588 is a reply to message #1034550] Fri, 05 April 2013 16:17 Go to previous message

Great! Glad it's working now!

Michael

Previous Topic:Trouble Deploying on Tomcat 6 on CentOS (XML parsing error Exception)
Next Topic:How to export a birt report to xlsx?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:00:35 GMT 2024