Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Console Output to WIndowBuilder GUI
Console Output to WIndowBuilder GUI [message #1032206] Tue, 02 April 2013 17:58 Go to next message
Onur Dogu is currently offline Onur DoguFriend
Hello,

I currently have a program that prints lines of text to the screen in 'System.out.println()' statements in different lines. I am new to Java, Eclipse and WindowBuilder.

I am now adding a GUI to this program. I was able to create the GUI with the buttons, which are working OK. My problem is that I want to print everything that prints to eclipse's console (or the command line) to a text box in my GUI instead online. How can I do this easily?

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Console Output to WIndowBuilder GUI [message #1032219 is a reply to message #1032206] Tue, 02 April 2013 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
That question is off topic for this forum and would be better asked in a general Java forum or perhaps one of the more general Eclipse forums.
Re: Console Output to WIndowBuilder GUI [message #1032260 is a reply to message #1032219] Tue, 02 April 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found some codes that work in Netbeans, but I could not apply them to WindowBuilder. That's why I asked the question here. I could not find any information or tutorial regarding this issue in windowbuilder. Is there any code that someone has worked with before that I can take a look?

Re: Console Output to WIndowBuilder GUI [message #1032332 is a reply to message #1032260] Tue, 02 April 2013 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Again, this is not a WIndowBuilder related issue, so this is not the right forum to ask this question. If you need help building your application, you should post your question to a general Java forum. If it is a Swing-related question, post to a Java Swing forum. If you are using Eclipse SWT/RCP then post to the appropriate Eclipse forum.

This forum is specifically for questions about using the features of WindowBuilder, extending/enhancing WindowBuilder, or reporting a bug about WindowBuilder.
Re: Console Output to WIndowBuilder GUI [message #1032338 is a reply to message #1032332] Tue, 02 April 2013 22:15 Go to previous message
Thank you for your recommendations. The topic can be deleted.
Previous Topic:internal error while parsing NatTable
Next Topic:EMF DataBinding Converter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:30:01 GMT 2024