Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Registering a "ToString-Handler" in Equinox console for custom objects?
Registering a "ToString-Handler" in Equinox console for custom objects? [message #1031974] Tue, 02 April 2013 12:28 Go to next message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Hi,

I've added a few custom commands to Equinox OSGi console and am now testing whether these commands could return an o.e.runtime.core.MultiStatus after execution which provide some kind of a command execution summary (a report).

The default implementation of MultiStatus#toString, however, looks bad and I wonder whether there is any way to deploy my own toString() renderer for MultiStatus object into the console.

Is there any way to do so?

Thanks,
Marcel
Re: Registering a "ToString-Handler" in Equinox console for custom objects? [message #1032233 is a reply to message #1031974] Tue, 02 April 2013 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend

Hi Marcel,

Am 02.04.2013 14:28, schrieb Marcel Bruch:
> Is there any way to do so?

Unfortunately not. You could, however, write a utility that dumps a
status to the console and just use that in a wrapper command (or
something else).

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxx
http://wagenknecht.org/
Re: Registering a "ToString-Handler" in Equinox console for custom objects? [message #1033586 is a reply to message #1032233] Thu, 04 April 2013 12:05 Go to previous message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Thanks Gunnar,

someone pointed me to Ch. 4.15 Converters in the OSGI spec and I found org.apache.felix.service.command.Converter in felix gogo runtime. Maybe it's possible. I have to figure out later. But the args4j implementation mentioned on twitter works nicely. Thanks.
Previous Topic:p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication for Local Updates
Next Topic:GNU/GPL V3 license in bundles and Equinox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:18:31 GMT 2024