Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Drill Through-Do BIRT API provide any support to Extract Info about child report from Parent report?(I am using Drill Through option in BIRT report design , where master report summarizes the information and sub report provides detailed view. So after uploading a report, I want to get the details of )
Drill Through-Do BIRT API provide any support to Extract Info about child report from Parent report? [message #1031972] Tue, 02 April 2013 12:26 Go to next message
thej menneni is currently offline thej menneniFriend
Hello all,

I am using Drill Through option in BIRT report design , where master report summarizes the information and sub report provides detailed view. So after uploading a report, I want to get the details of child report from that report (If it is parent report). Is there any API supprt from BIRT to get that Info or is there any other way to do that ?
Re: Drill Through-Do BIRT API provide any support to Extract Info about child report from Parent rep [message #1032246 is a reply to message #1031972] Tue, 02 April 2013 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you explain what you're trying to do in a little more detail? Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Drill Through-Do BIRT API provide any support to Extract Info about child report from Parent rep [message #1032701 is a reply to message #1032246] Wed, 03 April 2013 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am beginner to BIRT.I Wanted simmilar functionality like getReportName[1] or getDrillThroughReportName[2] provided by ACTION HANDLE class in BIRT.

I should be able to get the target report name from the master report. I unable to find a way to how to use API provided by BIRT, I have only two objects (IReportEngineFactory and IReportRunnable) in my program , using these I am unable to use getActionHandle method which is the only way to instantiate ACtion Handle class object.

If i can get Action handle class then I can use the above mentioned methods to get the Action Handle object. Please help me. Thanks in advance

[1]
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/ActionHandle.html

[2]
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/ActionHandle.html
Re: Drill Through-Do BIRT API provide any support to Extract Info about child report from Parent rep [message #1033336 is a reply to message #1032701] Thu, 04 April 2013 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does any one kindly provide solution as soon as possible
Re: Drill Through-Do BIRT API provide any support to Extract Info about child report from Parent rep [message #1033979 is a reply to message #1033336] Thu, 04 April 2013 22:02 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

From IReportRunnable you can grab the designHandle. From there, you can access your elements that have drill throughs and get to the action handle. If you had a chart with a drill through on a series, the following would be how you'd get the base url for the drill through:

series.getTriggers().get(1).getAction().getValue().getURLValues().get(0).getBaseUrl();

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Fix color for series in bar chart
Next Topic:Two text field in same line in one cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:21:06 GMT 2024