Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Get referenced object in another model (cyclic resolution or no corresponding inode)
Get referenced object in another model (cyclic resolution or no corresponding inode) [message #1031541] Mon, 01 April 2013 22:52 Go to next message
Fabian G. is currently offline Fabian G.Friend
Hi,

I'm trying to override the name provider in such a way that I can define in a model a new object and its parent object, and having its qualified name computed with the referenced object directly in the model.

I provide here a simplified example. Assume in the first grammar, I have rules like:

MyObject:
  'myobject' name=FQN;

FQN:
  ID('.'ID)*;

in the other grammar:

MyOtherObject:
  'add' name=FQN 'in' referencedObject=[MyObject|FQN];

SomeRefRule:
  'refrule' reference=[MyOtherObject|FQN];

How can I override the name provider to build the fully qualified name of MyOtherObject based on MyObject. Ex. in model1.dsl:

myobject MyObjectName

in model2.dsl:

add ASubObject in MyObjectName

refrule MyObjectName.ASubObject

I roughly tried to retrieve the referenced object by just:

((MyOtherObject) o.eContainer).getReferencedObject()

which leads to a cyclic resolution of lazy links.
I also tried by NodeModelUtils.findNodesForFeature using the eContainer and DslPackage.Literals.My_Other_Object__REFERENCED_OBJECT but, this returns me MyOtherObject rule and not the MyObject.

Could someone help me with this?
Thanks in advance,

Fabian
Re: Get referenced object in another model (cyclic resolution or no corresponding inode) [message #1031738 is a reply to message #1031541] Tue, 02 April 2013 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

you are on the right track (indexing is done before linking so you have to use the node model) but: you should ask NodeModelUtils.findNodesForFeature for its text.
of course you get only a name (String) but this should be enhough to build a FQN

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Get referenced object in another model (cyclic resolution or no corresponding inode) [message #1031779 is a reply to message #1031738] Tue, 02 April 2013 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian,

I don't really get what you mean by "its text". To be more clear, here is what I tried (in a simplified way):

public QualifiedName qualifiedName(MyOtherObject moo) {
   INode n = NodeModelUtils.findNodesForFeature(moo.eContainer(), DslPackage.Literals.MY_OTHER_OBJECT__REFERENCED_OBJECT).get(0);
}

but this gives me the MyOtherObject EObject and I can't find a way to retrieve the node referenced by the ReferencedObject reference.
do I miss something?

thanks again,
Fabian
Re: Get referenced object in another model (cyclic resolution or no corresponding inode) [message #1031793 is a reply to message #1031779] Tue, 02 April 2013 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

as i said: you can only get what is in the file you are and thus the text you have in place at the node model.
=> you will get a node of MyOtherObject (the part of there reference)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Get referenced object in another model (cyclic resolution or no corresponding inode) [message #1031882 is a reply to message #1031793] Tue, 02 April 2013 10:23 Go to previous message
I couldn't figure out how to retrieve the text value. Did not see it was a simple call to getText() on the right INode.
thanks again!
Previous Topic:Model serialization problem
Next Topic:How to read specific file from configuration?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:11:25 GMT 2024