Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Foreground color not applying(Looked all over and can't find an answer.)
Foreground color not applying [message #1031498] Mon, 01 April 2013 21:17 Go to next message
Tyler Terrell is currently offline Tyler TerrellFriend
So I've been doing google searches for half an hour now, most of which end up in the Eclipse help or on stackoverflow, on how to change Eclipse from a black on white editor to a white on black editor. I didn't need to search at all to find the Window Preferences section, but when I apply changes (under Text Editors) to the foreground color, it doesn't ever change from black. I've read that there is a plugin to apply themes to the program, but why is that necessary when the option is right there but not working? It seems this problem has existed for a while because I did find many articles on it, but they all direct me right back to where I was originally (foreground color). I can change the background color to black and hit apply and it works just fine, but I can't seem to change the foreground color no matter how much I try. What exactly am I doing wrong?

(To clarify again, I'm in Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors.)

Is it just impossible to set the foreground color for the editors in Eclispe? :/
Re: Foreground color not applying [message #1032113 is a reply to message #1031498] Tue, 02 April 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
As you may have noticed text in editors can have many colors so there may be some interaction with the option from General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts.

In Eclipse 4.x times I'm sure the experts will tell you to use CSS, but that's not yet available via the UI.
Re: Foreground color not applying [message #1033458 is a reply to message #1032113] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:42 Go to previous message
Luigi P is currently offline Luigi PFriend

I suggest you to use this plugin: Eclipse Color Theme.
In the site it's possible to create your own color theme.
I hope this can help.
Previous Topic:Storing formatter profile in plugin
Next Topic:getting compiler error. I think its something to do with eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:25:40 GMT 2024