Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse forgets perspectives
Eclipse forgets perspectives [message #1029338] Fri, 29 March 2013 14:32 Go to next message
Fred Robinson is currently offline Fred RobinsonFriend
I'm fairly new to Eclipse, and struggling with some concepts. But I have a gripe: Sometimes Eclipse forgets how I've changed the layout of a perspective.

With two monitors, I like to spread out. So I move the subwindow with Console/Markers/etc. off to the other monitor (floating window), maximize the main window, and so forth. Then I save the perspective under another name. After I close Eclipse and restart it, sometimes it comes back up using that perspective (assuming it was active when I closed it) and sometimes it has lost it completely, and I'm back to a small window that contains all the subwindows.

I don't know if this phenomenon is related to having two instances of Eclipse running, or what. I cannot reproduce it reliably. Sometimes I think it's doing this to yank my chain.

Fred

Re: Eclipse forgets perspectives [message #1036333 is a reply to message #1029338] Mon, 08 April 2013 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Are you using Eclipse with only one workspace? Because perspectives are saved in the settings of your workspace.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: Eclipse forgets perspectives [message #1059014 is a reply to message #1029338] Thu, 16 May 2013 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Korsgaard is currently offline Henrik KorsgaardFriend
I have the same problem. It has happened a couple of times at what seems to be random intervals. It has happened to my colleagues as well.

I have tried to save the perspective, to avoid having to recreate it, but when the perspective disappears, so does the saved version.

I use eclipse version: Juno Service Release 2.

Henrik
Re: Eclipse forgets perspectives [message #1059114 is a reply to message #1059014] Thu, 16 May 2013 20:01 Go to previous message
Dirk Rathjens is currently offline Dirk RathjensFriend
Me too, same as Henrik. Also I'm using two monitors. Same version Juno SR 2. My workspace is saved on network share, perhaps this might cause the failure?? Where are the perspectives stored? I found notes about my user perspectives (myJava and MyDebug) in the workbench.xml. But they are gone Sad
Dirk
Previous Topic:Browser Display
Next Topic:Error: Could not find or load main class X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:17:25 GMT 2024