Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Clustering and DataBinding
Clustering and DataBinding [message #1027685] Wed, 27 March 2013 09:19 Go to next message
Sebastien Arod is currently offline Sebastien ArodFriend
Hi,

Looking at the http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/RWT_Cluster about RWT failover capabilities I noticed the note mentioning that JFace databinding packages are not Serializable.

So from what I understand we cannot benefit from databinding if we want to support failover with RWT. Is that correct ?

If so is there any plan to make the databinding API Serializable?

Regards,
-Seb
Re: Clustering and DataBinding [message #1031886 is a reply to message #1027685] Tue, 02 April 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastien Arod is currently offline Sebastien ArodFriend
Hi,

I found a bug on the Platform UI/[DataBinding] component talking about serializable databinding classes (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=199476). However the bug is marked as wontfix. I posted a comment on the bug to try to get a clarification why the bug status was changed to WONTFIX.

On RWT side does anyone has a clarification on databinding usage and failover limitation?

Regards,
-Seb
Re: Clustering and DataBinding [message #1114253 is a reply to message #1031886] Sun, 22 September 2013 12:38 Go to previous message
Milko Krastev is currently offline Milko KrastevFriend
I bumped into the same problem. Failover currently (RAP version 2.1) does not work for data binding. Which is really bad if you need it for feeding table viewers with data. If you try to use data binding, you will see "SWTVetoableSomething... is not serializable" with JBoss 7 (EAP 6):

Client scripting has similar problems.

I've always used RAP only as an end user. What is the problem of making data binding classes serializable?
Previous Topic:RAP export as WAR using Tooling
Next Topic:FocusListener doesnt't work in Opera and Chrome (RAP 2.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:09:25 GMT 2024