Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Fixed delay when opening file in editor (and some other actions)
Fixed delay when opening file in editor (and some other actions) [message #1027467] Wed, 27 March 2013 01:56 Go to next message
Dario Giovannetti is currently offline Dario GiovannettiFriend
I'm using Eclipse 4.2.2 on Arch Linux x86_64.

When clicking to open a file in the editor, Eclipse hangs for exactly 10 seconds before actually opening the file. The same thing happens when closing the file's editor tab.

Furthermore, I have EGit installed, and right-clicking on a commit in the History View hangs Eclipse for exactly 20 seconds before showing the context menu.

I can reproduce the file opening delay even when launching Eclipse as root, with a clean workspace, clean configuration and no plugins installed.

I have tested the solution proposed in the old bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=275072 but to no avail.

Launching Eclipse with `eclipse -debug` doesn't print any useful messages in the console when performing those actions.

Can anybody help me? Thank you!
Re: Fixed delay when opening file in editor (and some other actions) [message #1032789 is a reply to message #1027467] Wed, 03 April 2013 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
10 seconds is too much. File a bug on platform/ui with the details and post the # back here.
Re: Fixed delay when opening file in editor (and some other actions) [message #1033244 is a reply to message #1032789] Thu, 04 April 2013 02:38 Go to previous message
Dario Giovannetti is currently offline Dario GiovannettiFriend
Thanks for replying, the bug report is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404864

EDIT: the bug is not in Eclipse, but in the Aptana Studio plugin, sorry for the noise

[Updated on: Sat, 06 April 2013 05:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Dynamically creating SWT components in e4 parts
Next Topic:Context menu not visible, at least sometimes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:48:02 GMT 2024