Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank(Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank)
Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1027175] Tue, 26 March 2013 16:44 Go to next message
Rajeev Jha is currently offline Rajeev JhaFriend
I'm using Birt runtime version 2.6. I'm trying to run a birt report which contains almost 50000 records. It
runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank after 30 to 40 seconds and also no error message is displayed. When I set the logging level to FINEST then in the log files I can see that the records are fetched but I have no clue why it suddenly stops and goes blank. I'm using Tomcat version 6.
The other reports with less records are showing correctly.
Any help on this issue is really going to be very helpful to me.
Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1029551 is a reply to message #1027175] Fri, 29 March 2013 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

How long do you wait after the "loading..." stops to just close the window?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1029663 is a reply to message #1029551] Sat, 30 March 2013 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have attached a screenshot of the output that I'm getting. It is completely blank. Even the input parameters in the report that is passed during runtime which is supposed to be there according to my design is also missing in the report.The report runs for a minute displaying loading.. and then that message is suddenly not there and I immediately close the window. Should I keep the window open for sometime?
Please let me know if you need some more information.

Thanks and Regards
Rajeev Jha
  • Attachment: Report.jpg
    (Size: 18.88KB, Downloaded 196 times)
Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1030058 is a reply to message #1029663] Sat, 30 March 2013 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Try just running it and leaving it open for a bit, just in case. You don't see any errors in the log file? It just stops? If so, that's another reason I'd give it just a bit after the loading... goes away. Let me know.

Michael

Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1031776 is a reply to message #1030058] Tue, 02 April 2013 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

I tried your suggestion and left the report open after the message loading.. goes away for 3-4 minutes but I'm still facing the same issue. The report is still blank.

Thanks and Regards
Rajeev
Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1032186 is a reply to message #1031776] Tue, 02 April 2013 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you try reproducing this issue with a large flat file datasource or with the sample database, so I can run it and take a closer look?

Michael

Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1058840 is a reply to message #1032186] Wed, 15 May 2013 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

I found the solution to this problem. Actually we were using load balancing with IIS proxy for our application. There was a time-out happening in the load balancer within 2 minutes that resulted in this issue. When the load balancer time-out and the corresponding IIS proxy time-out was increased then the report was working properly.

Thanks and Regards
Rajeev Jha
Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1059136 is a reply to message #1058840] Fri, 17 May 2013 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ah. Glad you found the problem. Thanks for updating the thread. Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile

Michael

Re: Birt report runs for few minutes displaying "loading ..." and then goes blank [message #1796767 is a reply to message #1058840] Thu, 18 October 2018 16:00 Go to previous message
kaushik meduri is currently offline kaushik meduriFriend
Please suggest me where to change
load balancer time-out . we are using BIRT Ihub and we have same issue.
Previous Topic:Unknown system variable 'OPTION'
Next Topic:Eclipse Oxygen - ReporEngine.openReportDesign( reportFile ); fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:58:49 GMT 2024