Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Page Not Found Error When Access Permissions Expire(Page Not Found Error When Access Permissions Expire)
Page Not Found Error When Access Permissions Expire [message #1026952] Tue, 26 March 2013 12:39 Go to next message
Robert Lorain is currently offline Robert LorainFriend
At my company we are actively trying to convince groups to use Hudson for continuous integration. One problem we have run into a couple times now is that if a user is in a section of Hudson that requires they have specific access rights and their login expires, they get a page not found error. This will continue to happen until they manage to navigate to a page they have access to. It would be better if it just brought them back to the login screen. With a majority of these users being new to Hudson this adds confusion we don't need.

We are running Hudson 2.2.1 on Linux servers. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? If not, is there a way to submit a request to have this looked into as a possible fix to a future version?
Re: Page Not Found Error When Access Permissions Expire [message #1027118 is a reply to message #1026952] Tue, 26 March 2013 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
I filed Bug 404377 - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404377 - on your behalf. Please note that future enhancements will go into Hudson 3.x.
Re: Page Not Found Error When Access Permissions Expire [message #1027167 is a reply to message #1026952] Tue, 26 March 2013 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
This should not happen. Hudson must automatically forward to a page to login. For example, click on this link

http://ci.hudson-ci.org/manage

It will take you to a page to login. I'm not sure, in your case, if it is very specific page or configuration of your Hudson

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Page Not Found Error When Access Permissions Expire [message #1027180 is a reply to message #1027167] Tue, 26 March 2013 16:52 Go to previous message
Robert Lorain is currently offline Robert LorainFriend
I understand that when you try to go straight to one of those pages for the first time you get forwarded to the login. The scenario here would be that you went to the link, were forced to login as you stated, they go to a meeting for 30 minutes, come back and click on a link and get a page not found error because the access to that page expired while they were in it.

It is not a huge deal as they can click on the Hudson link and get back to the home page to login but it causes confusion when they hit the back button instead and click on the link again and it happens again.

We are on version 2.2.1 so maybe it has been addressed since then but we are ready for 3.X yet as we have not tested it out and come up with a migration plan. We are not really doing much configuration wise that I would think would cause the problem. Using command line for startup of winstone server.
Previous Topic:Problem with CVS plugin
Next Topic:Impossible to save a job after migrate from version 2.2.1 to 3.0.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:18:16 GMT 2024