Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » seastrandwntr@gmail.com(Hello World in GTK+)
icon5.gif  seastrandwntr@gmail.com [message #1024339] Tue, 26 March 2013 06:00 Go to next message
Alec Seastrand is currently offline Alec SeastrandFriend
ok

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2013 17:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: seastrandwntr@gmail.com [message #1027172 is a reply to message #1024339] Tue, 26 March 2013 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 3/26/2013 8:09 AM, Alec Seastrand wrote:
> So, i've been struggling with this for hours... I have lots of source that I can compile with terminal (linux user, ubuntu, 12.04). My code compiles successfully and I can execute my programs. I use netbeans for embedded hardware solutions, and I enjoy eclipse for standard C apps.
>
> Lately, I've decided to integrate a GTK environment into some of these programs. I can do it in terminal, but for the life of me I can't get eclipse to produce an executable. I downloaded and installed the pkg-config plugin that is required (apparantly, since the copy and paste of 'pkg-config --cflag ...' seemed to fail). With the new plugin, I get a new hello world option of GTK. Initially excited, I am not bummed as the thing won't compile. I thought the point of it is that I don't have to mess with the command line? tried GCC cross and linux. any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> <
> **** Build of configuration Debug for project stack ****
>
> make all
> Building file: ../src/stack.c
> Invoking: Cross GCC Compiler
> gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"src/stack.d" -MT"src/stack.d" -o "src/stack.o" "../src/stack.c"
> ./src/stack.c:11:22: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [src/stack.o] Error 1
>
> **** Build Finished ****
>>

Please direct questions about C/C++ in Eclipse to the Eclipse CDT forum.
Re: seastrandwntr@gmail.com [message #1027191 is a reply to message #1027172] Tue, 26 March 2013 17:12 Go to previous message
Alec Seastrand is currently offline Alec SeastrandFriend
it's allright if a moderator deletes this post. turns out you have to enable specific parts of the package.... my question is moot.

thanks,
A.
Previous Topic:Birt. Fixed structure of rows
Next Topic:Unable to start Tomcat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:51:04 GMT 2024