Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamically combine multiple reports in one PDF file(The user should be able to define a batch process...)
Dynamically combine multiple reports in one PDF file [message #1023951] Mon, 25 March 2013 14:32 Go to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
Hi,

I developed a webapp which produces reports. Based on some url parameters I choose which report design file to use. I give the data to the report through task.getAppContext().put(List<List<String>>) and then read it in via scripted datasource on the report side. I am able to produce html and pdf reports, but only one report at a time.

Now I want to provide some kind of batch process. So the user should be able to choose which reports are to be generated. Then on the server-side I want to generate all necessary data and combine multiple reports, so that I can send back ONE PDF file containing all the chosen reports.

EDIT: I should mention that I don't use the report/web viewer but deploy the reports by myself / programmatically. I'm working on BIRT 4.2.2, Eclipse JUNO SR2.

How would I do that? Any ideas and advices are appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Cheers, Jakob

[Updated on: Mon, 25 March 2013 14:34] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dynamically combine multiple reports in one PDF file [message #1027717 is a reply to message #1023951] Wed, 27 March 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
PUSH -- Any ideas about how to achieve that? I kindly appreciate any input! Smile
Re: Dynamically combine multiple reports in one PDF file [message #1029542 is a reply to message #1027717] Fri, 29 March 2013 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I responded to your question over on BIRT Exchange. I'll just point this thread to that one:

BIRT Exchange - Combining Multiple Reports into One PDF

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Dynamically combine multiple reports in one PDF file [message #1031841 is a reply to message #1029542] Tue, 02 April 2013 09:13 Go to previous message
Eclipse GuestFriend
Thanks for that. I just was about to do the same Wink
Previous Topic:Print preview cutting off report data?
Next Topic:Running BIRT reports built using earlier versions in BIRT version 4.2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:11:46 GMT 2024