Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » 0.5 -> 0.6 migration problem(I get only empty AttributeValueList)
0.5 -> 0.6 migration problem [message #1022847] Fri, 22 March 2013 16:27 Go to next message
Jan Rohner is currently offline Jan RohnerFriend
Hi Everyone,

I'm writing my own Eclipse Plugin and for that I use the functionality of ProR. After updating ProR to version 0.6.1 I have noticed the following problem:

First I'm creating a new specObject.

ed = specificationEditor.getEditingDomain();

SpecHierarchy newSpecHierarchy = ReqIF10Factory.eINSTANCE.createSpecHierarchy();
SpecObject newSpecObject = ReqIF10Factory.eINSTANCE.createSpecObject();

cmd.append(AddCommand.create(ed, ReqIF10Util.getReqIF(specHierarchy).getCoreContent(),ReqIF10Package.Literals.REQ_IF_CONTENT__SPEC_OBJECTS,newSpecObject));
cmd.append(SetCommand.create(ed, newSpecHierarchy,ReqIF10Package.Literals.SPEC_HIERARCHY__OBJECT,newSpecObject));
cmd.append(SetCommand.create(ed, newSpecObject,ReqIF10Package.Literals.SPEC_OBJECT__TYPE, type));
cmd.append(AddCommand.create(ed, specHierarchy,ReqIF10Package.Literals.SPEC_HIERARCHY__CHILDREN,newSpecHierarchy));

ed.getCommandStack().execute(cmd);

In the next step I want to set the values into the defined table structure (columns). Normally I get the corresponding attributeValues by the following code:

EList<AttributeValue> list = newSpecObject.getValues();

Before updating ProR I got the column names and depending on I could set the desired values. But now the EList is empty and I can't set the values. How can I solve this problem?

Jan
Re: 0.5 -> 0.6 migration problem [message #1023859 is a reply to message #1022847] Mon, 25 March 2013 10:22 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Jan,

From 0.5.0 to 0.6.0, we did some significant refactoring. The way we handled AttributeValues in 0.5.0 was not conform to the ReqIF spec. We fixed that in 0.6.0, and the result is what you observe. Let me elaborate:

In 0.5.0, we created AttributeValues for SpecElements, as soon as the SpecElement had a SpecType. However, the actual value of all those AttributeValues was null. But writing out such a model would result in invalid ReqIF (for instance, an AttributeValueDate with a null value violates the Schema). The right way of handling this is to omit all those AttributeValues that have a null value. And this is what you are experiencing.

There are two ways for you to get the information you need:

(1) You can consult the SpecType.getSpecAttributes(). I would recommend this only if you do not have access to ItemProviders.

(2) Retrieve the SpecElement's ItemProvider (i.e. ProrUtil.getItemProvider()). You can then get the PropertyDescriptors, with each having an AttributeValue instance. Be careful: These AttributeValues are not connected to the model. If you use them, you need to add them to the SpecObject with your command as well.

I hope this helps!

- Michael
Previous Topic:Latest Version of Agile Grid
Next Topic:Problems with tool-extentions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:31:40 GMT 2024