Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Elements of xmi files to the graphics
Elements of xmi files to the graphics [message #1021977] Thu, 21 March 2013 02:59 Go to next message
yesheng chai is currently offline yesheng chaiFriend
Hello ,everyone!
I hava use ATL to generate output model(xmi file),but I want to transform the elements of xmi files to graphics,such as:circle represents the place element and rectangle represents the transition element,therefore,I can visually see my output models. When a output model is generated,I can see the Graphical model. It is convinient for us to check the correctness of my transformation.
Is there a tool or a good way to achieve my thoughts?
Look forward to your reply .
Thank you !
Re: Elements of xmi files to the graphics [message #1022112 is a reply to message #1021977] Thu, 21 March 2013 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

I think you are mixing two distinct (even if related) things: 1) your actual model itself and 2) its graphical representation(s) (there may be several different ones on the same actual model).
When dealing with transformations, you are usually going to transform your actual model because it contains your actual "data".
The graphical representation is just an additional item (that can also be a model that may be transformed, but that's a separated process) that refers to this actual model and describes which parts of it have to be displayed and how.

For the actual model/data part, you simply need EMF and transformation technologies such as ATL for instance.
For the graphical representation part, you should take a look to the Eclipse Graphical Modeling Project.

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Elements of xmi files to the graphics [message #1022170 is a reply to message #1022112] Thu, 21 March 2013 12:03 Go to previous message
yesheng chai is currently offline yesheng chaiFriend
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.I just want the two processes,one is to get the model which is .xmi file ,the other noe is to grahical the elements in the model .
My requirement is that I want to input the model file(.xmi) (I know the types of elements in my model file)and generate the corresponding graphical Orderly .
Now,I want to know that whether Eclipse Graphical Modeling Project can satisfy my requirement .
Previous Topic:The problem of transformation
Next Topic:Package with URI was not found in ATL plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:29:37 GMT 2024