Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Webservice client project option missing(I can't create a new web service client project)
Webservice client project option missing [message #1021536] Wed, 20 March 2013 09:35 Go to next message
Robin Browne is currently offline Robin BrowneFriend
Hello, everyone,

I'm by no means an Eclipse or Java expert, so I apologise if this is a basic question. However, I've scoured the web and can not find a solution to my problem.

I have Eclipse Juno, Developer edition. I want to create a web service client project, but the option to do so isn't present. There simply isn't that type of project available from the list of new project types.

I also have Eclipse Indigo, and the option is present there. I seem to remember having this issue with Indigo as well, and I just had to download the Developer edition to solve it. I've tried downloading various editions of Juno, and no joy.

I've tried installing many Eclipse updates, but no joy.

There is no web services option in the preferences screen either - another thing which I'd expect to find.

So I'm stumped with this one - perhaps I'm missing something, but I just don't know what to make of this or how to solve it.

If you could point me in the right direction or explain my issue, that would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Robin
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1021709 is a reply to message #1021536] Wed, 20 March 2013 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Have you tried Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers? http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/junosr2
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1021777 is a reply to message #1021709] Wed, 20 March 2013 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have tried that. That did work when I had the same issue with Indigo, from what I remember.

But with Juno, installing that version of Eclipse does not solve my problem.

Robin
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1047524 is a reply to message #1021777] Tue, 23 April 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anoyn anoyn is currently offline anoyn anoynFriend
Anybody with an answer for this one as i too tried to use the JDK 1.7 it worked correctly and i was getting the option but it did not work for JDK 1.5 does the web service compatible with JDK 1.5?

-- the freak
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1057950 is a reply to message #1047524] Fri, 10 May 2013 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil Gibbs is currently offline Phil GibbsFriend
I have the same problem, except that i'm using MyEclipse 10.7.1, but underneath it's the same. Don't know what to suggest. I'm tired of messing around with this issue.
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1063795 is a reply to message #1057950] Fri, 14 June 2013 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swayam srivastava is currently offline swayam srivastavaFriend
Hi All,

I'm also facing the same issue with Eclipse Juno IDE for Java EE Developers. i have jdk1.5 and i'm not getting web services options in the menu.

please help if someone got any solution for this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Swayam
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1159572 is a reply to message #1021536] Mon, 28 October 2013 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aiwu liu is currently offline aiwu liuFriend
I am seeing the same problem today - the "web service client project" was available a few minutes ago, however I wanted to download cxf before creating the ws client project. Now, I the project type doesn't show any more.
any help.
thanks in advance.
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1159767 is a reply to message #1021536] Mon, 28 October 2013 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aiwu liu is currently offline aiwu liuFriend
what I realized is, "web service client" is not a project type. if you right click "new -> other...", then "web service client" is available under "web services" (then you have options to use an existing projects or create a new project).
hope it helps.
Re: Webservice client project option missing [message #1181171 is a reply to message #1159767] Mon, 11 November 2013 12:25 Go to previous message
Thank you - yes, that solves my issue too!

How frustrating that it was something so simple...I was sure you could do it from a new project previously, but I guess not!

Thanks again for your help - I can now use Juno without any worries.

Robin
Previous Topic:Annotation in Dynamic Web Project (cannot change version of project facet dynamic web module 2.5)
Next Topic:How to create a project with own created moduleType
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:11:36 GMT 2024