Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Chart.setScript(String fullClassName) does not work in plugin and RCP applications
Chart.setScript(String fullClassName) does not work in plugin and RCP applications [message #1021415] Wed, 20 March 2013 03:03 Go to next message
Tony Hsiao is currently offline Tony HsiaoFriend
Hi, everyone, I'm new to BIRT, and I'm using BIRT in eclipse plugin development.

I want to change the series color in stacked chart, and I achieved this by passing a javascript function as a string to Chart.setScript(xxx). I learned from the BIRT example plugin that Chart.setScript(xxx) also accepts a full class name which extends ChartEventHandlerAdapter, but it did not work in my eclipse plugin and RCP applications, more exactly, the methods in the class which extends ChartEventHandlerAdapter did not execute at all, while in normal SWT applications, Chart.setScript(xxx) does work with a full class name. I don't know why, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Chart.setScript(String fullClassName) does not work in plugin and RCP applications [message #1022379 is a reply to message #1021415] Thu, 21 March 2013 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Is the class that extends from ChartEventHandlerAdapter in the classpath of your plugin project?
Re: Chart.setScript(String fullClassName) does not work in plugin and RCP applications [message #1022587 is a reply to message #1022379] Fri, 22 March 2013 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Hsiao is currently offline Tony HsiaoFriend
Thanks for your reply!

I add the folder under the project's src/ which contains the java file for the class to the "Classpath" in the "Runtime" page of the plugin.xml, unfortunately, that didn't work. I'm not sure whether what I did was correct, hope some instructions from you, thank you!
Re: Chart.setScript(String fullClassName) does not work in plugin and RCP applications [message #1027314 is a reply to message #1022587] Tue, 26 March 2013 21:04 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

How are you displaying the report? If you are using the viewer plugin, you can use a similar approach to the following:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/889-rcp-app-with-birt-and-scripted-datasource/

Previous Topic:Format Number problem
Next Topic:The right and generic way to format numbers in all reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:27:58 GMT 2024