Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch
icon8.gif  Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1021315] Tue, 19 March 2013 21:25 Go to next message
Michael Angelo is currently offline Michael AngeloFriend
Workspace is inconsistent with configuration. Scheduling a new build: d:\hudson-workspace\xxxxxx\CVS/Root content mismatch: expected D:\CVSRep\xxxxx but found :sspi:[server-name]:2401:/CVSRep/xxxxx

That is the message that I keep getting about once an hour even though I'm telling Hudson to check CVS every 10 minutes. As you can see, I have the direct path to the CVS Repository because Hudson is running on the same server. I had it as :pserver:, but changed it thinking that this would help my issue.

I found the CVSRoot setting using the :sspi: url in the registry and changed the key to XXVSROOT just to have it ignored, but the CVSROOT with the :sspi: protocol is still out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Is there a better way to have Hudson and / or CVS ignore this?

Thanks
Re: Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1022317 is a reply to message #1021315] Thu, 21 March 2013 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
I don't know exactly what is this issue, don't know if CVS plugin doesn't understand the SSPI protocol. In case CVS plugin doesn't understand the SSPI protocol, if you are using the CVSROOT on the same machine, you could set the environment variable "CVSROOT=<folder>" right?

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1022319 is a reply to message #1022317] Thu, 21 March 2013 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried everything that I could possibly think of with no success.

I moved the team over to Git and Hudson works perfectly now.

Thanks.
Re: Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1022335 is a reply to message #1022319] Thu, 21 March 2013 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another win for Git Smile

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1022344 is a reply to message #1022335] Thu, 21 March 2013 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a quick question about Git. My web project is split into 3 projects: Web, Domain, and Business logic. At first, I created a single git repo on my server and pushed all 3 projects to that single repository. This worked fine from within Eclipse.

When I tried to set up the builds in Hudson, that is where it got confusing. When I told Hudson where the git repo is on the server, I found no way to access each individual project folder from git so that Hudson could build each project when necessary.

So, what I did was create a git repo for each project which made it easier to tell Hudson how to pull down the code.

Now, the strange thing is when Hudson polls Git and pulls down the project, it puts them in $HUDSON_WORKSPACE/[project-name]/[project-name]. I found no way around this. Since these are all Maven projects, I had to tell Hudson that the pom file was in [project-name]/pom.xml where before it was just pom.xml.

Is this the correct way of setting this up?

Thanks.
Re: Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1022380 is a reply to message #1022344] Thu, 21 March 2013 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is because, appears, you have one additional level folder in the git repo. When you put all three in a single repo, you need the additional level folders. But when you commit three set of sources to three different repositories, you don't need the extra level folder.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson builds due to CVSROOT mismatch [message #1022383 is a reply to message #1022380] Thu, 21 March 2013 19:21 Go to previous message
That does make sense, but it appears that EGit for Eclipse is using the project name as a folder in the local repository. I don't have an option there because there is only 1 repo on my local machine.
Previous Topic:Deploy to JBoss 7.x fails
Next Topic:how to add new item in the table of hudson's home page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:51:28 GMT 2024