Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired. [message #1020855] Tue, 19 March 2013 03:36 Go to next message
Matthew Casperson is currently offline Matthew CaspersonFriend
I have a number of BIRT reports that I open all at once in a browser by opening their links, all bookmarked in a single directory, in new tabs. This means that I might open say 7 reports all at once.

When I do that, I quite often get the error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.

When loaded one at a time, the reports all load OK. I assume this error relates to some kind of overload or lack of resources.

Does anyone know how to configure BIRT to cope with loading a number of reports all at the same time?
Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired. [message #1021183 is a reply to message #1020855] Tue, 19 March 2013 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

What version of BIRT are you using? Are you using the BIRT Tag libs or something like iFrames?

Jason
Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired. [message #1021314 is a reply to message #1021183] Tue, 19 March 2013 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running the reports with the "run?__report=" parameter. I have tried with and without the "__overwrite=true" parameter.

I am using BIRT 4.2.2 with JBoss AS 7.

I can confirm that the issue goes away when I stagger the report loading. Using a bash script to "sleep 15" before opening each BIRT URL results in the reports being loaded properly.
Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired. [message #1022370 is a reply to message #1021314] Thu, 21 March 2013 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

what happens if you use preview? instead of run?

Jason
Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired. [message #1024104 is a reply to message #1022370] Mon, 25 March 2013 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Using preview doesn't seem to make any difference.
Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The viewing session is not available or has expired. [message #1044300 is a reply to message #1020855] Thu, 18 April 2013 18:36 Go to previous message
Christopher Madison is currently offline Christopher MadisonFriend
I am seeing the same issue with. I have links to reports which open in an internal viewer within my web application. The issue occurs regardless of what servlet i hit.

I am using BIRT 4.2.2 and Tomcat 6.0.32

The issue can be mitigated by opening a new browser tab and pasting the birt url directly into the browser. Once this has been done, and for what appears to be an arbitrary period of time, reports shown in the internal viewer return properly.

Has anyone determined the cause/resolution for this issue?

Previous Topic:How to access report parameter default values from a DataSetWizardPage class?
Next Topic:How can I get the parameter datatypes from a Report Definition/Design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:58:08 GMT 2024