Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Deploying Multiple Bundles at Once
Deploying Multiple Bundles at Once [message #1020795] Mon, 18 March 2013 23:12 Go to next message
Chuck Williams is currently offline Chuck WilliamsFriend
My application has about 10 or so bundles. Most of them dependent on another bundle in the pack. What I currently have been doing is using the pickup directory, and just manually coping the first one, then the second. I have to go in order or else I will get a dependency issue. I suppose I could write a script to speed things up. I was thinking writing a plan file would be the better way to do this. I wrote a plan file, but it just references the 10 bundles, and doesn't actually contain one. Where I am supposed to put the bundles that the plan references? I was hoping I could put them in the repository/usr directory, and then just manually upload the plan file in the admin gui, but that didn't work because the bundles were not started. I have a feeling there is something basic I'm not getting. When I deliver these 10 bundles to the customer, what is the best way to tell him to deploy them to get going fast? I hoping there is something automatic instead of having to say, start bundle#1,then #2, and so on...
Re: Deploying Multiple Bundles at Once [message #1020996 is a reply to message #1020795] Tue, 19 March 2013 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You should be able to put bundles in repository/usr and deploy a plan which references them, either via the admin console or by dropping the plan file into pickup. All the bundles should then be installed, resolved, and started. If resolution fails, you should get diagnostics and the bundles will be uninstalled.

Please could you check the contents of your plan to make sure you have the correct syntax. I would try cutting it down to a plan referencing a single bundle with no dependencies and make sure that works first.
Re: Deploying Multiple Bundles at Once [message #1021103 is a reply to message #1020996] Tue, 19 March 2013 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck Williams is currently offline Chuck WilliamsFriend
Glyn,

Thanks very much. Your suggestion worked perfectly. I just wasn't understanding the basic workflow.
Re: Deploying Multiple Bundles at Once [message #1021106 is a reply to message #1021103] Tue, 19 March 2013 14:25 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You're welcome. Glad you got going!

[Updated on: Tue, 19 March 2013 14:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem deploying CXF JAX-RS services in Virgo
Next Topic:exporting services via spring configuration not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:32:45 GMT 2024