Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » unresolved inclusions(unresolved inclusions)
unresolved inclusions [message #1020724] Mon, 18 March 2013 20:09 Go to next message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
I have a small C style coded project with the files in a C++ project that were imported from Eckels book code. At the beginning of the c library file and main c file there are several includes: <assert.h> ,<stdlib.h>, <string.h>, & <stdio.h> and the code is showing up "unresolved inclusion <library file>" messages. These includes are in both the library file and the main file. I've done the same thing in other projects so I don't see why I'm getting this message or even what this message means.
Re: unresolved inclusions [message #1020987 is a reply to message #1020724] Tue, 19 March 2013 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Schweyer is currently offline Nick SchweyerFriend
Quote:
"unresolved inclusion <library file>"

This means that the library file could not be found.
You have to set the pathes in project/properties/C/C++ include pathes and symbols

Niko

Eclipse-CDT Version: 2019-12 (4.14.0), Win10 64bit
Re: unresolved inclusions [message #1021211 is a reply to message #1020987] Tue, 19 March 2013 17:10 Go to previous message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
I have 10 projects created, all from the Eckel book, and this is the only project that shows this error about the include files not found. If I go into the Project/Properties/C/C++ Build menu and look at the environment I see CWD, PWD, & PATH variables set up and especially the PATH is set to C:/minGW/bin directory so it looks like the compiler/linker should find the library files! Also C/C++ General/Paths and Symbols/Languages/GNU C has C:/minGW/include in there and so does the Preprocessor Include Paths contain C:/mingw/include! So I think this is not the problem, but again I can't find a solution.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 March 2013 17:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Default pathes for c++ build
Next Topic:configure eclipse not to build referenced projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:20:54 GMT 2024