Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF save interrupts write to model(GMF save interrupts write to model)
GMF save interrupts write to model [message #1020349] Mon, 18 March 2013 01:01 Go to next message
sowmya Mising name is currently offline sowmya Mising nameFriend
Hi
I am currently using a new thread to create multiple elements on the editor for a single drag and drop from the palette. But the problem is that if the user clicks save before all the elements have been created then the write operation is incomplete and the model is saved in incomplete state. Is there any way I can identify that the write operation is still in progress and delay the save operation till the end of write operation.

Two possible solutions in my mind are eithr I would want to use the progress monitor to indicate write operation progress or disable the save button unless the write is still happening. But could not achieve much. Any suggestions would be of great help
Re: GMF save interrupts write to model [message #1020533 is a reply to message #1020349] Mon, 18 March 2013 11:59 Go to previous message
Thomas Beyer is currently offline Thomas BeyerFriend
Hi,

you could run your thread synchronized or use a progressmonitor, that blocks until finished.

Regards
Thomas
Previous Topic:GMF with Xtext(DSL)
Next Topic:GMF integration with xtext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:49:15 GMT 2024