Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem deploying CXF JAX-RS services in Virgo
Problem deploying CXF JAX-RS services in Virgo [message #1020260] Sun, 17 March 2013 18:48
Eduardo Fernández is currently offline Eduardo FernándezFriend
Hi to all, I'm ver newbie in Virgo but I consider really interesting server. I'm trying to deploy some bundles with JAX-RS services in Virgo by using Apache CXF.

The steps I follow are:

1. Download cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution-1.4.0-dir.tar.gz file from CXF page. Select the needed jars and create the next plan (attached in this post) to load the CXF bundles.

2. Put this plan and its bundles in repository/ext (is this step right?)

3. In the file configuration/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.properties in the part of initialArtifacts I put at the end the plan to carry out the load of the bundles I need.

4. I created two bundles with Eclipse Virgo Tooling: one is a simple interface with JAX-RS annotations and the other is a dummy implementation. In the implementation I put the next content in OSGI-INF/blueprint/cxf.xml (attached)

This content is copied from http:// cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxrs-services-configuration.html#JAXRSServicesConfiguration-Blueprint .

5. When I deployed the bundles in Virgo Jetty Server with Tooling the plan of CXF is loaded successfully but the bluepring configuration throws this message:

[2013-03-17 19:11:31.369] region-dm-0                  <AG0000E> Application context creation failure for bundle 'samples-greeter-impl' version '1.5.0'. org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http:// cxf.apache.org/blueprint/core]
Offending resource: OSGi resource[bundleentry://157.fwk1220373087/OSGI-INF/blueprint/cxf.xml|bnd.id=157|bnd.sym=samples-greeter-impl]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:80)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.error(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:316)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1416)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1409)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.blueprint.config.BlueprintBeanDefinitionParser.parse(BlueprintBeanDefinitionParser.java:72)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:73)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1419)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1409)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:190)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.doRegisterBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:140)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:111)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:493)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:390)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:334)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:174)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:209)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java:170)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java:140)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:131)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:522)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.access$800(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$3.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:242)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.startRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:220)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.stageOne(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:224)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.refresh(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:157)
	at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.extender.internal.activator.LifecycleManager$1.run(LifecycleManager.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.agent.dm.ContextPropagatingTaskExecutor$2.run(ContextPropagatingTaskExecutor.java:95)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Googling for this exception I found that it's needed the org.apache.cxf.cxf-rt-core (this bundle manages the http:// cxf.apache.org/blueprint/core namespace) have to be loaded in my classpath, but in my case this bundle is in the plan so I think that this bundle doesn't export the service for namespaces.

What's wrong? Sad

Thank you very much.
Previous Topic:Requiring org.slf4j.api causes uses violations in empty server
Next Topic:Deploying Multiple Bundles at Once
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:46:47 GMT 2024