Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno
CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno [message #1020121] Sun, 17 March 2013 09:22 Go to next message
Fred CORNU is currently offline Fred CORNUFriend
Hi there,

as I'm new in here, I'm not allowed to link to images external to Eclise.org, so here is a link to a screenshot related to my issue

www.wardsback.org/misc/eclipse_stupidity.png

on line 52 I was able to autocomplete c_str() from an std::string, but autocompletion fails on lines 48 & 49, and I'm getting errors.

Strangely enought, though, tooltip shows that, on line 49, toStdString()'s return type is well known.

I set the indexer to index everything, rebuilt the index from scratch several times.

Can somebody help ?

I cannot work like this, having Eclipse telling me that I have errors in my project, when there are simply *none*
Re: CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno [message #1020865 is a reply to message #1020121] Tue, 19 March 2013 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody Mising name is currently offline Nobody Mising nameFriend
Fred CORNU wrote on Sun, 17 March 2013 05:22
I cannot work like this, having Eclipse telling me that I have errors in my project, when there are simply *none*

Eclipse CDT parser if far from full compiler front-end, so there will be such false errors inside non-trivial code. The only way to get rid of them is to turn off static analysis, may be for some files only.
Re: CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno [message #1020952 is a reply to message #1020121] Tue, 19 March 2013 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Fred CORNU wrote on Sun, 17 March 2013 10:22
Hi there,

as I'm new in here, I'm not allowed to link to images external to Eclise.org, so here is a link to a screenshot related to my issue

www.wardsback.org/misc/eclipse_stupidity.png

on line 52 I was able to autocomplete c_str() from an std::string, but autocompletion fails on lines 48 & 49, and I'm getting errors.

Strangely enought, though, tooltip shows that, on line 49, toStdString()'s return type is well known.

I set the indexer to index everything, rebuilt the index from scratch several times.

Can somebody help ?

- Did you get autocompletion for toStdString() itself in line 48?
- when you set the cursor on toStdString() in line 48 and press F3 where will you get?
- I don't understand line 50.
- Can you reproduce it with a small example?
- From your code snippet I guess the variable filePrefix is of type QString. I am using this, too, and have no problem with autocompletion.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno [message #1020959 is a reply to message #1020952] Tue, 19 March 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fred CORNU is currently offline Fred CORNUFriend
Hi,

I have relaunched Eclise today and the described behaviour is not showing anymore.

I guess I should apologize for the noise.

And yes Axel, your assumptions are correct.
Re: CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno [message #1021530 is a reply to message #1020959] Wed, 20 March 2013 09:23 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Fred CORNU wrote on Tue, 19 March 2013 09:55
Hi,

I have relaunched Eclise today and the described behaviour is not showing anymore.

I guess I should apologize for the noise.

And yes Axel, your assumptions are correct.

I guess the internal index was rebuild after you restarted Eclipse.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:configure eclipse not to build referenced projects
Next Topic:ASTRewrite: Preserving comments and formatting?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:21:15 GMT 2024