Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Project Needs Guidance
Project Needs Guidance [message #1019894] Sun, 17 March 2013 00:47 Go to next message
Nick Durkin is currently offline Nick DurkinFriend
I only know C++ but I need to make a simple android app. I need it to access a web page that I created which displays text. From the text, the app will know what to display. All the app will be is buttons. If a button is pressed, all it does is sends an http request to my site which tells it to do something. It basically just accesses the website. So for example, if you hit the button names "ON" it would, in the background, go to www.mywebsite.com/on. The server will know what to do once it gets that request. I have already got that side working. I tested it with my phone by just using a web browser but I want to be able to do it better by using an application with simple buttons where it does everything in the background. Now as I was saying about reading the text.. the app should read the text from www.mywebsite.com and change the UI accordingly. So if the text it reads in says off, it knows to gray out the off button and enable the on button. This is all very simple but I do not know how to make this work and I need some guidance. I have downloaded everything and have eclipse up and running but I am not sure what to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Project Needs Guidance [message #1020688 is a reply to message #1019894] Mon, 18 March 2013 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 3/18/2013 11:58 AM, Nick Durkin wrote:
> I only know C++ but I need to make a simple android app.
> [snip]

Eclipse forums do not support Android development. That happens in
Android forums.
Re: Project Needs Guidance [message #1021031 is a reply to message #1020688] Tue, 19 March 2013 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jessica Pinto is currently offline Jessica PintoFriend
If you could give a snippet of what u have tried so far? But yes an android forum would obviously be more helpful. Forgive my ignorance but how does Eclipse help android?

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 03:28] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Project Needs Guidance [message #1021121 is a reply to message #1021031] Tue, 19 March 2013 14:53 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 3/19/2013 6:01 AM, Jessica Pinto wrote:
> If you could give a snippet of what u have tried so far? But yes an
> android forum would obviously be more helpful. Forgive my ignorance but
> how does Eclipse help android?
Please read sticky posts at top of (this or any other) forum.
Previous Topic:Can't update to Eclipse Juno SR2
Next Topic:cannot run jar file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:57:58 GMT 2024