Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » GMF integration with Xtext(GMF generated with Epsilon)
GMF integration with Xtext [message #1019668] Sat, 16 March 2013 09:43 Go to next message
serhat gezgin is currently offline serhat gezginFriend
Hi all,

i see xtex can be integrate with gmf. But can't find any tutorial, explanation or

example code. is there any explanation to do this ?.

(Not i use emfatic for auto generate GMF)

Regards,
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1020768 is a reply to message #1019668] Mon, 18 March 2013 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Serhat,

We're working on an example that demonstrates integrating GMF labels with Xtext and should have something ready within the next few days.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1033438 is a reply to message #1020768] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mårten Carlzon is currently offline Mårten CarlzonFriend

Hi Dimitris

I just stumbled over this and was just curious hows it going with that tutorial?

I have an assignment in school about making it possible to edit xtext grammar in both text and in a graphical view, but since my google-fu seems low I have a hard time finding good examples/source code. But from what I have found it seems GMF is good for what I want to do so I just wanted to check the status of your tutorial.

Have a nice day

Write you later / Mårten

[Updated on: Thu, 04 April 2013 08:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1033959 is a reply to message #1033438] Thu, 04 April 2013 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Mårten,

One of the other Epsilon committers (Louis Rose) is working on such an example but he's now on vacation for the next couple of weeks so this will most probably not become available until then. If you'd like to have a go at it yourself before then I suspect that the *.parser annotation details provided by Eugenia [1] would be a good place to start.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-gmf-tutorial/
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1034225 is a reply to message #1033959] Fri, 05 April 2013 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Dimitris

Just my luck Smile
But thanks for the link, the visualization of an DSL is part of my graduation work so waiting a few weeks might be pushing the deadline so I am glad you shared the link with me. Time to learn how to use GMF together with XText Smile.
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Write you later / Mårten
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1034298 is a reply to message #1019668] Fri, 05 April 2013 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Heeg is currently offline Claudio HeegFriend
Heh, I've been monitoring this thread for the last some weeks too - hopefully we'll be able to try the example soon. Smile

As for general implementation of Xtext with GMF, Mårten, you might want to check here:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tmf/org.eclipse.xtext.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples/contents
The GMF example is, albeit somewhat bugged, a nice starting point.
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1035201 is a reply to message #1034298] Sat, 06 April 2013 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for the tips Claudio.
Is there a way to download all the files swiftly? It said git repository so tried with svn but it couldn't find the repository so was just curious if there was an swifter way then to manually copy all the files? Smile
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1035285 is a reply to message #1035201] Sat, 06 April 2013 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Heeg is currently offline Claudio HeegFriend
I just got the 2.4.0 zip archive from the summary page, that includes everything.
Overkill, but whatever works.
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1037941 is a reply to message #1035285] Wed, 10 April 2013 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

... meh! I looked at the clone part and tried to use those URLs at the end instead of looking at the nice "Download" text in the middle.... meh! Smile

Well, as you said, a bit overkill but now I have an example to look at anyway, thanks.
Re: GMF integration with Xtext [message #1053261 is a reply to message #1037941] Fri, 03 May 2013 12:47 Go to previous message
serhat gezgin is currently offline serhat gezginFriend
hi all,

I can't check out project with git. it gives me error like are u sure its git repository ?

Can anyone helpme to download or checkout this project ?

Regards

[Updated on: Sat, 04 May 2013 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:User Enum Promt EOL
Next Topic:[Eugenia] Generating Default Values for ecore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:49:43 GMT 2024