Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Scope of support for C/C++ developments
Scope of support for C/C++ developments [message #1019443] Fri, 15 March 2013 17:47 Go to next message
david white is currently offline david whiteFriend
I am new here, looking for an IDE to develop applications with C/C++11 in Windows environments w/o having to even know Java or any other language. Applications would need, among other things, having GUIs, communicate with devices over USB using OS drivers, with my other apps on a local server over LAN and with remote servers over the internet.
Is Eclipse relevant for me to look at and try?
For example, on the page www.eclipse.org/downloads/compare.php there is a comparison table. The 3rd column, which is C/C++ is quite diluted. In particular, WindowBuilder line is not checked. Does this mean no built in full GUI support is coming with the "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" downloadable package?
Thanks,
David
Re: Scope of support for C/C++ developments [message #1020863 is a reply to message #1019443] Tue, 19 March 2013 04:01 Go to previous message
Nobody Mising name is currently offline Nobody Mising nameFriend
david white wrote on Fri, 15 March 2013 13:47
The 3rd column, which is C/C++ is quite diluted. In particular, WindowBuilder line is not checked. Does this mean no built in full GUI support is coming with the "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" downloadable package?

There is no standard GUI in C/C++11, but nothing prevents you from using any 3rd party GUI library from Eclipse CDT.
Previous Topic:console window useage
Next Topic:cpplint.py to eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:48:45 GMT 2024