Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table Cell block height
Table Cell block height [message #1019441] Fri, 15 March 2013 17:43 Go to next message
Mimmo Rossi is currently offline Mimmo RossiFriend
Hi All,
i have this problem: i have one table in a grid, this table must be designed in one page A4, but in one cell there is a data very big, there is a possibility to block the autosize of the cell? (Note that a table have height setted, the row of cell also and the grid also and the row of grid also) I see in advanced of a cell and tasble that i have already overflow seto to hidden.
Thanks in advance
Re: Table Cell block height [message #1020742 is a reply to message #1019441] Mon, 18 March 2013 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

So, if the text in this one cell gets too large, you want to max out the height and cut off the rest of the text? Am I understanding correctly?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Table Cell block height [message #1020963 is a reply to message #1020742] Tue, 19 March 2013 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The solution to set the height and cut the text has two problems:
1) I have already set the height of the cell, row, table and row grid in which the table is designed(...), doesn't work in html but in pdf/ppt table maintains correctly the height setted, but the text goes outside the table (sigh).
2) regarding the substring of text too large, I don't know how it goes (I still have to test), because I insert html rich text formatted (thus with various html tags) in a field type "dynamic text"; so my dubt is: the substring consider the text with or without tags?
Thanks in advance
Re: Table Cell block height [message #1021228 is a reply to message #1020963] Tue, 19 March 2013 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you attach a sample report showing what you've done and explain what you're wanting it to do? Thanks!

Michael

Re: Table Cell block height [message #1021535 is a reply to message #1021228] Wed, 20 March 2013 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams wrote on Tue, 19 March 2013 13:33
Can you attach a sample report showing what you've done and explain what you're wanting it to do? Thanks!

Before attach report i test the substring in "dynamic text" for a rich text (simple text like this:
<P align=left>Example Example <STRONG>Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example</STRONG> Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example.<BR><EM><U>Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example</U></EM> Example<FONT size=3> Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example</FONT> Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example Example.<BR><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Example Example Example Example Example</FONT> ...
) and works fine, i see the correct formatted text.
So i solved the problem in this way, get the correct "piece" of text that enter in my table and do a substring.
Thanks
Re: Table Cell block height [message #1022247 is a reply to message #1021535] Thu, 21 March 2013 14:38 Go to previous message

Great! Glad to hear you solved your issue! Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:create SQL-Querys dynamically
Next Topic:PDF text wrapping issue in 3.7 version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:33:23 GMT 2024