Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cross compiling to Arm(Cannot run my executables on target)
Cross compiling to Arm [message #1019314] Fri, 15 March 2013 12:33
Gary Holmes is currently offline Gary HolmesFriend
Hi, Running Eclipse (Version: Juno Service Release 2, Build id: 20130225-0426) on Win7 with Linaro toolchain (gcc-linaro-aarch64-linux-gnu-4.7-2013.02-01). I'm reasonably sure I have setup correctly and can compile to produce a target file in the project debug directory - which is not a windows executable. I use pscp to send to ARM board (Wandboard DualLite running ubuntu from Linaro) to target path "/home/linaro" and type "./app_name" in bash to get "Permission denied". I then run "chmod -x app_name" and attempt my app again - no change. I have also run gdb and gdbserver - but this runs into problems with errors like "Error message from debugger back end: "app_name": not in executable format: File format not recognized" - I'm thinking that this might be connected and that maybe I should start by just trying to build my HelloWorld project, copy and get it running on target before debugging. I've spent a good deal of time getting to this point (mostly enjoyable!) and would love any pointers as to where I might go from here... Cheers!
Previous Topic:package explorer; moving projects from computer to computer
Next Topic:SWT Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:14:01 GMT 2024